hotwire-ANC hotel

YooperGale

Hi,

Using information posted someplace here (but now I can't find it), I looked at hotwire and found a two and one-half star hotel in central Anchorage that has suites, a shuttle, a pool, hi-speed internet, kitichenette, business center, and laundry. Based on that description and what I read here, I THINK :confused: it's the Extended Stay Deluxe in downtown Anchorage.

Can anyone confirm that for me?

Also, what does anyone know about the Extended Stay Deluxe in Downtown Anchorage?

We would be staying there one night after a cruise, then going to Denali by bus or train, and several nights later returning to the same hotel in Anchorage for one night.

My priorities are cleanliness, reasonable comfort, and a nearby restaurant. :o

I would deeply appreciate hearing fomr anyone that knows anything about this.

Thanks so much!:)

Gale

Hi,

Using information posted someplace here (but now I can't find it), I looked at hotwire and found a two and one-half star hotel in central Anchorage that has suites, a shuttle, a pool, hi-speed internet, kitichenette, business center, and laundry. Based on that description and what I read here, I THINK :confused: it's the Extended Stay Deluxe in downtown Anchorage.

Also, what does anyone know about the Extended Stay Deluxe in Downtown Anchorage?

We would be staying there one night after a cruise, then going to Denali by bus or train, and several nights later returning to the same hotel in Anchorage for one night.

Gale

Hi Gale!

I was just having an ongoing conversation with some knowledgeable people on this very subject a few topics back. :)

If it's the only hotel on Hotwire with all those things and for $37/nite, yes it's the Extended Stay Deluxe on 8th st downtown. I was able to get that rate there just yesterday, thanks to John and Susan and a few others.

I haven't been there so I can't speak to the accomodations, but it appears to be in the nice section of town, near lots of stuff. Some reviews I found spoke highly of it, some were not as appreciative. [shrug]

Good luck!

Linda

Hi Gale!

If it's the only hotel on Hotwire with all those things and for $37/nite, yes it's the Extended Stay Deluxe on 8th st downtown. I was able to get that rate there just yesterday, thanks to John and Susan and a few others.

Linda

Oooops! I meant Nancy, as in NancyIL. My bad. :eek:

Linda

Hi,

Gale

I have gotten the Extended Stay Deluxe in downtown Anchorage three times in the past month (for stays next summer) for either $37 or $50/night plus taxes and fees. I am pretty sure the hotel itself does not have a restaurant but it is pretty much right downtown so finding a place to eat shouldn't be a problem. Staying here, you can reserve a car rental to pick up downtown and avoid hefty airport surcharges. You can return the car to the airport or downtown for the same price. Depending on whether keeping it until you fly out adds an extra day to your cost or not, you can return the car downtown and take the hotel's airport shuttle to the airport.

Let us know how it turns out.

John

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Using hotwire, I booked two rooms at the Extended Stay Deluxe Downtown for a total of 92.00 a night (for both rooms). (It first showed 36 dollars per room, but that was before taxes and fees.) I was able to get them for a night before a trip to Denali and a night after a trip to Denali.

Now I need to find rooms in Vancouver prior to our cruise.

Thanks again,

Gale

Now I need to find rooms in Vancouver prior to our cruise.

Thanks again,

Gale

Congratulations. A lot of cruise critic'ers will be frequenting the Extended Stay Deluxe in Anchorage next summer.

You can use priceline for a hotel in Vancouver. Look through the last couple of pages of threads - there are a couple regarding using priceline for Vancouver. Basically book a cancellable backup hotel while you bid, and check www.betterbidding.com and www.biddingfortravel.com before you bid for helpful advice.

John

Archived