Chaging rooms after receiving cruise documents

cappi

Can you change/ upgrade to different room once you received your cruise documents? I have been reading bad reviews about our cabin on FOS and would like to change to different cabin. What happens to our luggage tags and current document if we upgrade to JS? Please advise!

Can you change/ upgrade to different room once you received your cruise documents? I have been reading bad reviews about our cabin on FOS and would like to change to different cabin. What happens to our luggage tags and current document if we upgrade to JS? Please advise!

Interesting question.

Our docs say 9256 which was the cabin we had booked - until we upgraded to a JS. I guess they had already "printed" the docs (but we hadn't gotten them yet, at the time of the upgrade)

So now, our docs have the wrong cabin # and obviously the wrong luggage tags! It isn't an issue - there are porters at the pier with blank luggage tags to use to write our new cabin # on.

I believe the answer to your original question is yes, if the cabin you want is available after you receive your docs, you can still get it.

Good Luck! :)

Your choice, just carry a Sharpie................use your original luggage tags and cross out old number and write in new one in BIG BLACK SHARPIE numbers

or

Get new, blank luggage tags from the porters at the pier and write in new cabin number in BIG BLACK SHARPIE numbers.

:)

I am glad I used the search feature!! I just did the same thing, found the JS that we were waiting for to become available....and we got it. Now here it is only 3 weeks out, and things are different. Will RCCL automaticly send me new documents? I already printed out my new SetSail pass with my new cabin ;) number. This is no biggie, even if I don't get documents...the set sail pass is good right?? I have my old docs....

You do not need your documents if you have your SetSail pass. They do not ask for or look at them at all because the SetSail pass takes the place of the documents. Many cruises are using e-docs instead of sending out hard copy documents for this reason.

We also changed cabins after receiving our documents and had no problems. As previous members posted, we reprinted our SetSail pass and had the porters to write new luggage tags at the pier. No luggage was lost with the change, my biggest concern. :)

Archived