Quick Question!

ladymacwilly

I've been on many cruise lines before but this will be my first on Carnival.

Here's the question, (and very important, in my mind). Do they offer hair conditioner??? For example, NCL only has a shampoo dispenser wheras Cunard offers lotion, shampoo, conditioner and pretty much anything else under the sun. What may I expect with Carnival? (God, I HATE these new restrictions of flying...I really don't want to check my luggage simply due to having hair conditioner in my luggage).

Thanks!

LadyMacWilly

^..^ ~

In the shower there will be a dispenser with shower gel and also one that has a shampoo/conditioner (all in one product). I believe they are both Dove products. These are kept full by the cabin steward.

Personally, this type of all in one shampoo and conditioner does not cut it for me so i always pack my own.

There will be a basket with a few samples of various products on the counter. I recall once or twice having a conditioner in there but if so that would only be a one time use kind of sample from the manufaturer.

I've been on many cruise lines before but this will be my first on Carnival.

Here's the question, (and very important, in my mind). Do they offer hair conditioner??? For example, NCL only has a shampoo dispenser wheras Cunard offers lotion, shampoo, conditioner and pretty much anything else under the sun. What may I expect with Carnival? (God, I HATE these new restrictions of flying...I really don't want to check my luggage simply due to having hair conditioner in my luggage).

Thanks!

LadyMacWilly

^..^ ~

No conditioner... I always take shampoo and conditioner... The dispensers have I believe "Dove"?? Always wreaks havoc on my hair... but I know there is no conditioner. There will be shampoo and soap in dispensers in the shower.

As for checking it... don't worry about it... just get a travel size conditioner that is less than 3 oz and put it in a ziploc bag, then carry it on.

Thanks ladies,

I really appreciate your reponses. This trip was very impromptu and I normally think I'm such an "In the know" kind of traveller. (We leave Monday!)

I'm with you...those "combo" solutions don't really do it for me. (I'm literally, in my bathroom checking out the oz. in my "took from the last hotel cache". So.....am I able to take....three 1 ounce botttles of conditioner then? (We land at 1:40 PM and need to board the ship by 4:30...with a half an hour taxi ride... I really do NOT want to check luggage....esp. over somthing as trivial as hair conditioner.) Secondly, I've had my luggage lost several times, (Oh, if only I could travel in as many places as my luggage!) My hubby and I have always done carry-on, quite proudly, I must say...but these new restrictions kill me.

(Last cruise we did was a QM2 crossing..."Don't you dare take my luggage away as it will never catch up with me!") My poor son flew to Atlanta from Colorado...his luggage ended up in Italy . He never got it back! (Message to son....just like "never put all your eggs in one basket...never put all your best clothing in one suitcase!")

But I digress.....

LadyMacWilly

^..^ ~

Recently flew to Key West - the new regulations allow you to take as many bottles of toiletries as will fit in a quart size zip loc bag as long as each bottle is no more than 3 oz., this includes the weight of the container. So you can take travel size shampoo, conditioner, spray, gel, whatever - but you have to put them in a clear, quart-size zip-loc - AND you have to declare it when you go through security - don't just leave it in your carry-on. You should pack it so you can easily remove it to go through security, you can place the bag in a tray and repack it when it goes through the scanner. You should also check the TSA website for updated information before you fly.

Viv

Archived