Hotwire

mollyanne

What do you mean by a negative experience?

Pat.

I have seen some opinions where people did not get what they thought they were booking such as a 3-star or 4-star being much less than that and finding out later that they could have booked for less through the hotel itself. I am thinking of using them and my main concern is having a room when I get there!

mollyanne:)

Mollyanne

I have used hotwire many times. Always a good experience. If you see a good price book it. If the price seems to high keep checking as they will continually change.

Mike

Mike:

Have you ever "not gotten" what you feel you paid for? Any problem with NOT getting a room once you arrived at the hotel?

Thanks,

You should check the hotel or hotel chain's website to see what prices and discounts (AAA,AARP,Sam's Club, etc.) might be available to you, then check the price at hotels.com and then check Expedia and Travelocity....and then check Priceline and Hotwire. Only then will you know which price is the best. I've not heard of anyone not getting the room they booked. No matter how you book, if you're going to be a late arrival, it's always a good idea to phone the hotel the afternoon of arrival and confirm they're holding a room for you and tell them about what time you'll be in. BobK/Orlando

You should check the hotel or hotel chain's website to see what prices and discounts (AAA,AARP,Sam's Club, etc.) might be available to you, then check the price at hotels.com and then check Expedia and Travelocity....and then check Priceline and Hotwire. Only then will you know which price is the best. I've not heard of anyone not getting the room they booked. No matter how you book, if you're going to be a late arrival, it's always a good idea to phone the hotel the afternoon of arrival and confirm they're holding a room for you and tell them about what time you'll be in. BobK/Orlando

Thanks KingBob - and thanks to this board for the help. I know what the hotel I want is in FLL and it IS a great price. No other pricing comes close to Hotwire. Thanks for the advice on letting the hotel know of our arrival time just so our room is not given away. I think I will go for it.

I agree totally with KINGBOB. One thing you might want to do, is if you think you know what area the hotel is in, ask on this board what that area is like.

BTW I have used hotwire a few times and have found that when a miscommunication happens, the people at hotwire fix it within minutes.

Pat.

I agree totally with KINGBOB. One thing you might want to do, is if you think you know what area the hotel is in, ask on this board what that area is like.

BTW I have used hotwire a few times and have found that when a miscommunication happens, the people at hotwire fix it within minutes.

Pat.

I did go ahead and book through Hotwire and got the Renaissance on 17th St for $112 plus tax for March. This is unbeatable! Have stayed here in the past and paid the "big bucks". Thanks to all who responded.

Archived