Another Insurance Question...Please help...

e38

Hello,

We will be leaving on Dec 10 on a cruise and wanted to know what type of insurance we should get. I did a search on here and found tons of info. but since our cruise is so close (4-5 Weeks) i am wondering how the

Pre-Existing Condition Waiver and Pre-Existing Condition Period works. The waiver is 21 days and the condition perios is 90 days. What does that mean? It is through Travelex.

Thank you.

Hello,

We will be leaving on Dec 10 on a cruise and wanted to know what type of insurance we should get. I did a search on here and found tons of info. but since our cruise is so close (4-5 Weeks) i am wondering how the

Pre-Existing Condition Waiver and Pre-Existing Condition Period works. The waiver is 21 days and the condition perios is 90 days. What does that mean? It is through Travelex.

Thank you.

Hi : I just purchased ours two days ago and we will be traveling for thanksgiving!!!It was with AIC,and there you can buy a medical insurance and or acancellation policy.We took both and we are much closer than you are.It only cost us $57p/p.

Hi : I just purchased ours two days ago and we will be traveling for thanksgiving!!!It was with AIC,and there you can buy a medical insurance and or acancellation policy.We took both and we are much closer than you are.It only cost us $57p/p.

Thank you for the prompt response. What is you coverage limitations? For only $57.00 pp?

Seeing that you are leaving Dec 10, the pre-existing condition will not cover you. Generally you have to be sympton free for 90 days prior to departure. Some companies are more. Also, if you are looking for airline coverage you will not have coverage for financial default and possibly delay, since you did not purchase within 24/48 hours of deposit/purchase. Same goes for tour operator financial default. This is what I've been told. We always buy our insurance when we make our deposit and/or purchase our airline tickets. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Seeing that you are leaving Dec 10, the pre-existing condition will not cover you. Generally you have to be sympton free for 90 days prior to departure.

Sure it will if the poster is buying the policy within Travelex's 21 day window.

The 90 day "look back" period has nothing to do with the 90 day period prior to sailing. It's referring to the 90 day period prior to purchasing the policy.

Go here for more info:

http://www.tripinsure.info/pre_ex.htm

Seeing that you are leaving Dec 10, the pre-existing condition will not cover you. Generally you have to be sympton free for 90 days prior to departure.

Sure it will if the poster is buying the policy within Travelex's 21 day window.

The 90 day "look back" period has nothing to do with the 90 day period prior to sailing. It's referring to the 90 day period prior to purchasing the policy.

Go here for more info:

http://www.tripinsure.info/pre_ex.htm

Archived