Another fluffy lady needing opinions

JudyKa

O.k., folks.......as I stated: I am a of the older "fluffy" persuasion also. I also am not very into long formals and strappy heels (tried that my first cruise and was TOTALLY miserable the whole night). So, this third cruise I have bought a very conservative long, black, velvety w/ designs tunic top to wear with plain silky dress pants and maybe some very dressy velvet flats. Please, look at the following Catherine's site to see what you think of it......will it be dressy enough for a 59 yr. old, fluffy lady to wear on the one formal night? It's the tunic in the collection all the way to the far RIGHT.....sorry couldn't get the exact page on that top to come up.....it was just saying "unavailable".

http://catherines.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/product_thumbnail_image?cgid1=237

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing the beautiful gowns on all the stylish ladies those formal nights.........it's just not for me anymore. Guess I'm turning into a total creature of comfort.

Gordonchick, yes, that's the one. It looks better on....hangs nice and smooth.....looks much dressier in person.

Thanks everyone for your opinion and advise. I am wearing some small black sparkly chandelier earrings with a bracelet of the same type of stone. I have curly long dark and silver hair that I'm pulling back with a headband that I make from a rolled up sparkly silk scarf with red/black/white whispy colors on it.

I'm having a small problem finding the exact shoes I want....black dressy flats or something along that line. Nowdays, they kind of mix up the regular leathers with the patten(sp?) leathers, and metal decorations on shoes which actually kind of take away from the dressy flat. I'm determined to find them, though.

I told myself that I wasn't going to get obsessive about formal night clothes this cruise.....but now look at me...lol!

I am wearing some small black sparkly chandelier earrings with a bracelet of the same type of stone. I have curly long dark and silver hair that I'm pulling back with a headband that I make from a rolled up sparkly silk scarf with red/black/white whispy colors on it.

Judy - That burnout top is lovely. Personal opinion only - the top is black with a high neckline & you have long dark hair, so perhaps sparkly earrings that aren't also black? The top could use a little oomph & your earrings might get lost.

But, what do I know? dazed027.gif

Judy - That burnout top is lovely. Personal opinion only - the top is black with a high neckline & you have long dark hair, so perhaps sparkly earrings that aren't also black? The top could use a little oomph & your earrings might get lost.

But, what do I know? dazed027.gif

You know something?......you may have something there. I have some fair-sized/sparkly/silver antique-ish rhinestone earrings. They are dangly and are loop shaped. Think they would add more pop than the sparkly black earrings? The black ones would blend in with all the dark color, huh?

Found some pretty flats on the Silhouette's site! They specialize in "fluffy" stylish design and sizes; so, I figured that they would have what I wanted in a wider comfortable flat. Found 3 pairs as a matter of fact.....couldn't decide which pair, so I ordered all three....lol! I know......I know.....I'm loosing it. LOL! I'm bound to find a comfortable shoe out of those three styles....two velvets and one made out of that micro-something-or-other fabric with a little unobvious stretch. It's funny: Silouhettes had fewer shoes to choose from; but had more of exactly what I was looking for than on other sites that just specifically sold gazillion shoes. Sorry....don't mean to sound like I'm advertising....was just pleasantly surprised.

Archived