Camp Carnival Talent Show

SweetAngel

I'm wondering what kinds of "talents" the kids perform during this talent show. My 10 yr-old would like to bring her violin, but I read in the FAQs (Fine print) that musical instruments are not allowed on board. Is that a strict rule? I was considering having her practice on a back or upper deck if there were no people arouns (or just not practicing at all while onboard). Does anyone have any info or experience with this?

Thanks.

Just off the Sensation and my youngest DD (age 7) was in the talent show. There were only about 6 entries. She danced a solo dance from her dance recital. I had taken her costume with me. Friends who were traveling with us also had a daughter who danced ( she is 11, her mom is the instructor). There were several, though not many, other entries. One group of 3 kids did the macarena, one little girl recited the pledge of allegiance and sang "You're A Grand Old Flag", and a couple of other kids participated. Fun Ship Freddie was there and led the entire group in the finale, the Cha Cha Slide. Certificates were given out, no ship on a stick. It was fun and all the kids who participated and those who watched seemed to enjoy it. It only lasted about 30 minutes from start to finish.

I'm wondering what kinds of "talents" the kids perform during this talent show. My 10 yr-old would like to bring her violin, but I read in the FAQs (Fine print) that musical instruments are not allowed on board. Is that a strict rule? I was considering having her practice on a back or upper deck if there were no people arouns (or just not practicing at all while onboard). Does anyone have any info or experience with this?

Thanks.

Why the Thumbs Down? :confused: I believe some musical instruments are allowed onboard, with prior permission, if they are to be used in a talent show. Give Carnival a call to be sure. They should be able to answer your questions.

My husband took his electric guitar and a small amp and played in the room and on the balcony. One day he was talking to the Jamaican band on the Lido Deck and they told him to bring his guitar up and he played a set with them. I don't think it will be an issue.

Candi

Definitely get your children involved in the talent show. Our kids usually participate in the talent show and they have so much fun seeing their performance played on the in cabin television afterwards. The talent show usually is scheduled towards the end of the cruise, but on one of their cruises it was early in the week.For the rest of the cruise they were recognized by other guests who had seen them on t.v. and they enjoyed their "celebrity" status.

Thanks so much for all the replies. This was my first post and it's great to get my questions answered so nicely.

Why the Thumbs Down? :confused:

Brenda, forgive me, hehe, I thought the thumbs down was a question mark at first. :o

Yes, I think i will call Carnival, but I am glad to hear that others have brought musical instruments aboard. My daughter is such a nice violinist.

My husband took his electric guitar and a small amp and played in the room and on the balcony. One day he was talking to the Jamaican band on the Lido Deck and they told him to bring his guitar up and he played a set with them. I don't think it will be an issue.

Candigirl - That must have been so much fun for your husband to get to play with the band! Very cool!

Our kids usually participate in the talent show and they have so much fun seeing their performance played on the in cabin television afterwards.

Oh! That would be great to get to see themselves on tv! Can't wait!

Thanks everyone!

For the talent show my DD was in, we took a CD with her music on it. Didn't need a CD player, they broadcast it over the system they had in the lounge where the talent show took place. Very nice and professional about it, too!

Archived