Inspiration

Greenizz41

We ( a party of 10 women) are booked for the 5/17/07 4-day on the Inspiriation. I have read different reviews on the ship but some of them were a year or two old. I had a friend go on the ship in Sept and he said it was the worst he has ever been on. I have only traveled on RCCL and Princess so this will be my first Carnival Cruise. We are booked in the CAT 12 penthouses. Does anyone have any more recent good news?

a cat 12 on an older ship can not compare with balcony cabins on the newer ships.

A cruise is what you can make it. Reviews are based on peoples experince. I think your experince will be different from what others have experinced.

Your other cruises have been 7 days cruises?? Inspiration is a shorter cruise.

I went on the carnival celebration last August. The first time I was on that ship was 14 years ago. Having been on the new carnival ships I was expecting the celebration not to measure up. I could have not been more wrong. It was is very good shape with a very good crew.

We just got off the inspiration last thursday. We had a great time , the ship was very well kept and the beds were quite comfy. We were in cat 6d. I have also been on princess and NCL. This was just as nice. Maybe not as upity as the princess line but a lot more fun.

We just got off the inspiration last thursday. We had a great time , the ship was very well kept and the beds were quite comfy. We were in cat 6d. I have also been on princess and NCL. This was just as nice. Maybe not as upity as the princess line but a lot more fun.

We are going on the Inspiration in Dec. The last review I have read have stated that the food in the dining room was awful. How was your experience? I am not expecting 5 star food but am taking my children (DD012/DS24) and mom for their first cruise and don't want them to be disappointed.

I went in August and had a wonderful time. The beds have been upgraded, the menu was wonderful, and the staff very helpful. My only complaint is they did not seem to know the own rules for Platinum perks. I would happily go back though. Have a great cruise.

Food wasn't bad. I never had a bad meal but heard others complain that the lobster was rubbery and the steaks tough. On the first night at dinner I asked our waiter if we would be having creme brule. He said they only serve it on 7 day cruises. However he special ordered it for me and surprised me with it on our last night. As for the bedding we had down pillows and a down comforter. As far as I know there is no special treatment except maybe some in room perks for having a suite. We are all considered first class.

I was on the Inspiration 10/05 - 10/09, 4 night to Cozumel, I traveled solo, interior cabin.

I had a great time, I met David and Sheri from cruise critic and had lunch with David a couple of times.

I had 8:30 seating in the dining room with George the Greek. The food was good to very good, and my table mates were a great mix of people, all single, broad age spectrum, some cruising together, some alone. Thanks, Carnival, for putting us all at the same table. We became instant friends. Our waiter, Vince, and his assistant, Ludmilla, were very attentive, efficient and friendly.

The lido was fine for breakfast and lunch, there are plenty of choices, including pizza and sandwich bar, salad and regular buffet. Always lots of fruit and that wonderful danish butter for your crossiant. The coffee was okay, I've had better, but I sure have had worse. Coffee in the dining room was fine.

I found things to keep me amused, when I wanted to be amused, and places to be quiet when I wanted to be quiet.

A cruise is what you make it, but a great staff and a fun ship sure do help.

I was on the Inspiration 10/05 - 10/09, 4 night to Cozumel, I traveled solo, interior cabin.

I had a great time, I met David and Sheri from cruise critic and had lunch with David a couple of times.

I had 8:30 seating in the dining room with George the Greek. The food was good to very good, and my table mates were a great mix of people, all single, broad age spectrum, some cruising together, some alone. Thanks, Carnival, for putting us all at the same table. We became instant friends. Our waiter, Vince, and his assistant, Ludmilla, were very attentive, efficient and friendly.

The lido was fine for breakfast and lunch, there are plenty of choices, including pizza and sandwich bar, salad and regular buffet. Always lots of fruit and that wonderful danish butter for your crossiant. The coffee was okay, I've had better, but I sure have had worse. Coffee in the dining room was fine.

I found things to keep me amused, when I wanted to be amused, and places to be quiet when I wanted to be quiet.

A cruise is what you make it, but a great staff and a fun ship sure do help.

Thanks! I am not a picky person and I know we will have a great time! I agree..you make your own fun and I know if you go without expectation, you will be pleasantly surprised at the results. The Glory in Sept. was my very first cruise and it could not have been any better! This one will be more special since it will be with my family :-)

Archived