Temperatures in southern Caribbean in May

memoie

Hi, Can someone let me know what the approximate temperature will be in the southern Caribbean in May? neither my DH or myself like really hot weather, like in the high 30c to 40c. We don't sunbathe but do like to sit outside in the sun if its not too hot, if its hot then we'll try and find some small piece of shade. We are travelling with RCCL and have booked a balcony cabin on the aft, so how will that be for sitting outside? too hot or too windy? Also, what is the approx. water temp there - we both love to swim and have enjoyed spending time in the Mediterranean as it is so warm. We have been to the Med both in May and Sept and both times the temperature of both the water and the air was wonderful. I'm stressing and having all kinds of fears that maybe we shouldn't be doing the cruise thing - maybe this is called "pre-cruise" stress? As you can tell from the celcius temps I am in Canada sorry for any confusion that might cause - I can still relate to farenheit tho'. Thanks for all your help.

HERE is a link to Weater Underground with the historical average for Aruba in mid May.

Average High is 90 F (32 C) low of 80 F (27 C).

You can find the history for other southern Caribbean ports there also.

Water temp is currently around 29C. Couldn't find any history for that.

Charlie

If you go to CCL's website, click on fun ships, then click on your ship, it will show you the different iteneraries. Click on the cruise you chose, 6 day western, etc. Then it will show you the different ports, with the booking options in a box underneath. Click on a port name in the top box, and it will show you the average temps for each month of the year. Hope this helps.:)

Archived