Help From Sea Dream

ama22

Hi everyone! We will be yachting to the Med with SD in Sept. 2007 for the first time, but they are already becoming our favorite line. I had a wonderful conversation with Robert Wilson, Manager Land Adventures, yesterday. I was (as my previous posts show) concerned about shore excursions, what time the yacht comes into port, and private guides. I had my TA contact her SD rep about my questions, and the reply was that Mr. Wilson would contact me by phone.

Robert went through all my questions with me in a 30 minute phone conversation. In fact we ended up discussing other places I have travelled. I found out through him that there are 25-30 people on shipshore excursions. We went through the itinerary, and he told me which ports I should hire private guides, and gave me some suggestions that I hadn't thought of. He also told me that the Activities Director on board would hire private guides for me, but also it was okay to hire them on my own.

The conversation ended with him telling me to call him at any time, and he requested a phone call from me after our cruise to tell him what I thought about shore excursions. I told him that I would send him a copy of my cruise journal, and he was delighted with that.

I'm convinced that SD is the way to go, and I haven't even stepped on board yet. I'm even more excited for next Sept to arrive! 10 more months.

Mary Lou

Archived