Carnival cruises

Jackie57

First time cruisers = 'Newbies' - Red/White/Blue Sail & Sign card, and a "Welcome To Carnival!"

Second thru Ninth Carnival cruises = Gold Status - Gold card, past guest party, lapel pin, and a "Welcome Back!"

Tenth and future cruises = Platinum Status - Platinum card, lots of perks, and "WOW, you're a Platinum guest!":)

Carnival News

Carnival Cruise Lines Rolls Out New Past Guest Loyalty Program

05/18/2006

MIAMI (May 18, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a new loyalty program providing past guests with a variety of value-added benefits and features, including priority embarkation and debarkation, guaranteed supper club reservations and dining times, personalized stationery and custom-designed Carnival logo items.

Available exclusively to “Platinum” cardholders who have sailed aboard the “Fun Ships” 10 or more times, the new “Carnival Concierge Club” benefits are designed to recognize and reward those longtime Carnival guests for their loyalty over the years.

“Carnival is committed to the highest standards of guest service and hospitality. The new ‘Carnival Concierge Club’ is just one more way of showing our appreciation to our loyal past guests by making their ‘Fun Ship’ cruise even more special and memorable,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

For additional information on the new “Carnival Concierge Club” and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

What benefits do you receive for booking with Carnival. Example gold, platinum and above.

Basically nothing until you get to your 10th cruise. My advice is to check out some of the other cruise lines that offer better past guest programs than Carnival. You will also find that price wise the other lines can match up with Carnival.

My advice is to check out some of the other cruise lines that offer better past guest programs than Carnival. You will also find that price wise the other lines can match up with Carnival.

I find the opposite, currently for the Caribbean no other cruiseline can match the prices I am getting my Carnival cruises for. One of the main reasons I will be going on my 6th cruise this year.

Dave

I find the opposite, currently for the Caribbean no other cruiseline can match the prices I am getting my Carnival cruises for. One of the main reasons I will be going on my 6th cruise this year.

Dave

I agree...I checked out Princess and Royal Caribbean for the same cabin category, same amount of days and basically the same ports and those two lines wanted 1000 more. I can't see spending that much more for basically the same thing. A couple hundred yes, just to see a different ship but for 1000 more definitely not. I was very happy with the service I received on my last Carnival cruise.:D

Dave

I agree! I research my cruises rather extensively before I book, and Carnival is always much, much less expensive than Royal Caribbean or Princess; same type cabin, same itinerary. The only time I see competetive pricing on those two lines is on last minute deals in order to fill the ships.

Is cruising the vacation or is the destination? That marks the 2 lines. If you just want to sit by the pool while cruising, then why spend the extra on RCI. But if you are into the rock climbing, mini golf etc that the RCI offers, then that is the line for you. If you want loud party atmosphere around the pool at all times, the CCL. If you want less smoke all over the ship then RCI is for you. The entertainment is about the same for production shows but CCL does do a better job on variety of performers and late night comedy. The food is also better on CCL. The buffet area can be gotten to while in swim attire--always a nice touch! But with that said, we do RCI now and we do not compare prices any longer. Love the RCI ships more too.

Is cruising the vacation or is the destination? That marks the 2 lines. If you just want to sit by the pool while cruising, then why spend the extra on RCI. But if you are into the rock climbing, mini golf etc that the RCI offers, then that is the line for you. If you want loud party atmosphere around the pool at all times, the CCL. If you want less smoke all over the ship then RCI is for you. The entertainment is about the same for production shows but CCL does do a better job on variety of performers and late night comedy. The food is also better on CCL. The buffet area can be gotten to while in swim attire--always a nice touch! But with that said, we do RCI now and we do not compare prices any longer. Love the RCI ships more too.

You know I'm sure Royal Caribbean is a wonderful line but when I cruised Carnival last month I didn't find it as a loud party atmosphere at all and as far as smoke all over.....well let's say that my husband is one of the worst ex-smokers on this planet and I asked him if he smelled smoke all over the ship and he said no. A vacation is what you make of it and I can have fun anywhere on vacation. As long as I don't have to cook the food, serve it, clean up or go to work then that is what is important to me :D I'm not saying that I would never sail RCI, I most certainly would if the price is right but I wouldn't be going on for the climbing wall because I don't do any rock climbing. I would be going to see a different ship and just have fun. Like I said I can have fun on any vacation that I'm on.

First time cruisers = 'Newbies' - Red/White/Blue Sail & Sign card, and a "Welcome To Carnival!"

Second thru Ninth Carnival cruises = Gold Status - Gold card, past guest party, lapel pin, and a "Welcome Back!"

Tenth and future cruises = Platinum Status - Platinum card, lots of perks, and "WOW, you're a Platinum guest!":)

I have two teal blue cards first 2 cruises in 98 and 2000 on carnival. My other 2 cards are blue, red, and white-so I have done 4 cruies total and have NEVER recieved a gold card- that must be something since April 2004, my last Carnival cruise.

I did get the past guest ship pins and pass guest party invites on the 7 day cruises but my last Carnival cruise was a 3 day, so no pin and no party. I did not mind no party, but I would have liked to receive that pin.

On my last Princess cruise I got a gold card and they said on a little spill on their tV advertizing Carnival corporation- that total cruises from Carnival corp. from all the lines are counted in some way for some kind of benefit. I have done 2 Princess, 4 Carnival and one HAL-so I am wondering if I did

Costa or Cunard would I be gold and go to the past guest party?

You know I'm sure Royal Caribbean is a wonderful line but when I cruised Carnival last month I didn't find it as a loud party atmosphere at all and as far as smoke all over.....well let's say that my husband is one of the worst ex-smokers on this planet and I asked him if he smelled smoke all over the ship and he said no. A vacation is what you make of it and I can have fun anywhere on vacation. As long as I don't have to cook the food, serve it, clean up or go to work then that is what is important to me :D I'm not saying that I would never sail RCI, I most certainly would if the price is right but I wouldn't be going on for the climbing wall because I don't do any rock climbing. I would be going to see a different ship and just have fun. Like I said I can have fun on any vacation that I'm on.

Royal plays those silly pool games also-just instead of hairy chest it is the belly flop and men's sexy legs.

Princess had silly games too but at least on Princess- there were two adults only pools with no games. Ofcourse Carnival Miracle also had an adult's only area with no silly games.

I hate those silly games myself.

Mom - Carnival started issuing the gold cards less than two years ago, and the platinum status cards this year.

The past guest parties are held only on cruises of five nights or longer. Shorter cruises - no PG party, no pin.

Even though Carnival Corporation owns all those other lines you mentioned, no - each line is it's own entity, and one does not extend the amenities to the others - except when booking the cruise. If you have cruised on any of the other Carnival Corp.-owned lines, you can get a discount at booking any of them, including Costa and Cunard.

Since price is absolutely no object, I would strongly recommend that you look into cruising on Radison, Crystal or Seaborne. These lines are pretty much all inclusive and are rated as 6 star cruise lines. None of the mainstream cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean, are even in the same ballpark.

Mom - Carnival started issuing the gold cards less than two years ago, and the platinum status cards this year.

The past guest parties are held only on cruises of five nights or longer. Shorter cruises - no PG party, no pin.

Even though Carnival Corporation owns all those other lines you mentioned, no - each line is it's own entity, and one does not extend the amenities to the others - except when booking the cruise. If you have cruised on any of the other Carnival Corp.-owned lines, you can get a discount at booking any of them, including Costa and Cunard.

I have my doubts I will ever cruise Cunard-but I may try out Costa some day. I also wish Carnival would sell those pins. I would love to have a pin for Miracle and the old Tropicale, my very first cruise that definetely hooked me!

Since price is absolutely no object, I would strongly recommend that you look into cruising on Radison, Crystal or Seaborne. These lines are pretty much all inclusive and are rated as 6 star cruise lines. None of the mainstream cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean, are even in the same ballpark.

You know I guess that is the point-Carnival gives youa good value for the price but Royal does not. Many Royal snobs want to say that line is better then Carnival but it isn't-you just pay more- to have things like a rock climbing wall and an ice skating rink-but if you are like me and are not going to use those things-why pay more?

I will pay more if I feel I will have a better experience-that does not bother me-as long as it is within my budget-but it does irk me to pay more and NOT get good value.

-you just pay more- to have things like a rock climbing wall and an ice skating rink-but if you are like me and are not going to use those things-why pay more?

:D Right on, Mom! I've often wondered just how many times do folks really wanna climb a rock during a cruise? Seems to me it would be a one-time thing - been there, done that.:D As far as ice skating, I would guess there are more who don't do it than do. Neither would be a big selling point for anyone I know.

:D Right on, Mom! I've often wondered just how many times do folks really wanna climb a rock during a cruise? Seems to me it would be a one-time thing - been there, done that.:D As far as ice skating, I would guess there are more who don't do it than do. Neither would be a big selling point for anyone I know.

Especially me since I don't even know how to ice skate :p

I did enjoy the ice skating show-but I have been to ice skating shows in Philip's Arena in Atlanta. The rink is very small in comparrision. the ice skaters were talented on MOS but the voyager class just does not have that nice a rink. I guess even on a mega ship, it can only be so big. So for me-I prefer another line, I can always get tickets to Philip's Arena and I still come out ahead. (in cost)

Especially me since I don't even know how to ice skate :p

My daughter took lessons-but still on my cruise there were 3600 people and they all seemed to be out by the 3 too small pools for that amlount of PAX on sea days.

even the adult's only pool was crowded with adults.

I enjoyed Caribbean Princess much better-first of all the main pools were larger and there were 4 pools, the two main which were fairly big and then two adult,one in the front of the ship deck 16, and one in the back of the ship, deck 14, also a small child's wading pool for the toddlers-which made it much nicer-because of sea days everyone wants to veg by the pool, My CP cruise had 3200 PAX-and even though that ship was 20,000 tons less then MOS,it seemed for the most part-it was better designed for a large amouint of PAX. My guess is ice skating rinks take up a lot of tonnage.

Plus, we had a balcony stateroom which was around the same cost as our atruim stateroom last year-so we definetly got more for our money.

Archived