Slimey or Not?

Bowlersbus

For those of you that have done DOLPHIN DISCOVERY - what were the conditions?

Was the water green and yucky? Were the steps to the platform slimey?

I ask these questions becuz we've done Dolphin swims in the Keys and those were the conditions.

If you've done it - would you do it again?

If you chose the royal swim - what made you pick that over the other encounters?

Thanks for any and all answers

We did the Royal Swim the May before Wilma hit, so can't say what it is now.

The water was gorgeous and clear. I remember standing on the grating and looking down and seeing little tropical fish swimming between my legs. If I remember correctly you can even see the ocean floor. I don't remember anything being slimy anywhere, and I would have noticed because I don't like slimy green stuff.

We did the Royal Swim, we figured it was expensive anyway so go the whole distance. Did the tourist thing, bought the video and all the pictures. It's not something I would do everytime we're in Cozumel, but once, it was great.

Sherry

I can't remember exactly how much it was. We bought the whole package and I think it was 150. to 200., but I could be wrong. It was definitely worth it, since we probably won't do it again. Their photographer knows when and where to aim the camera so you get some really good stills. We also took our underwater camera so got some shots from different angles. When it's your turn hand the camera to your husband or someone else in the group.

I had always wanted to swim with dolphins since watching Flipper back in the old days. Am I dating myself?

I'll see if I can find the old CC receipt with the price.

Sherry

• 3 weeks later...

Well we did it. And it was truly AMAZING!! Because everything was destroyed from the hurricane everything now is rebuilt and new.

The place is immaculate. The grounds and surrounding area are clean and modern.

The interaction with the dolphins leaves me speechless! We arrived early - and hour and half to be exact - becuz we didn't take into consideration the time change. So we explored the "ruins" garden and watched other sessions.

We bought the video - the only thing I didn't care for was the pictures. You had to stand around and wait - they weren't ready when we returned. And that the "price" depended on how many you bought. That part was fishy for me.

But I WHOLE heartedly suggest everyone try it. I was very apprehensive about the $135 a person. But it was worth that and sooo much more!

Do the Royal Swim if you can- expensive but worth it.

Conditions seemed pristine when we were there in July.

One bit of advice I wish I had known,wear beach shoes- you are standing on a submerged metal grille and it KILLS your feet.

We booked direct via dolphindiscovery.com

I paid $160 for DVD and a few photos and then my grandson left them in the back of the taxi..... arrgh.

They will let you take photos too- if someone in your group wants to they can come out to the pier and take basically the same photos that the company are taking.

Lots of photo opportunities.:)

Archived