Has anyone stayed at Sleep inn and suites?

hank56

Hi- the location is PERFECT. From the Ft. Lauderdale terminal baggage area you'll use the hotel shuttle phone bank (a bank of phones w/ photos of all the hotels w/shuttles). I think the Sleep INN is around #38 but can't quite remember. They'll tell you where to meet the shuttle. The Sleep in is in a heavily populated area of other hotels and condos but a nice neighborhood with palm trees. Literally across the parking lot is a Walgreens where you can get your water and soft drinks to take on board with you along w/ any medication or last minute items (I picked up some travel electric hot rollers), including thongs or Ft. Lauderdale T-shirts. Across the street is a strip mall with a nail salon, Mexican Restaurant, Chinese take out or a great great Italian Restaurant (can't think of the name- it's like JoJo's or something). They have an outstanding early bird special for $8.99-ish. We had a great meal there with outstanding garlic rolls.

The Sleep Inn itself is just a nice business hotel kind of place with a standard traveler's room and a small pool outside. Nothing fancy- just basic and clean. Maybe TOO Clean- and here's the problem- there was an INCREDIBLY STRONG deodorizer smell in the hallway and room- I mean, mindboggling FBI cover up the dead corpse deodorizer. I honestly did not think I was going to be able to stand it and you can't open the window. My friend said she noticed it, but could tolerate it. After a while I got used to it, but honestly, if you are sensitive, have asthma or emphysema/COPD, it would be rough rough rough. It wasn't just our room- others commented on it as well. That said- location was perfect and they have a great breakfast including oatmeal, and make your own omelettes (free- well, part of the price of the room). We got a non-smoking Queen Suite (2 queens and a small couch) for $124 using the major organization discount rate (My traveling buddy is a Senior and used her AARP card discount). Oh, they also have a small workout room with a treadmill or something (I walked by). Anyway, but for the odor, I'd stay there again. Hope this helps. Don't forget- free shuttle to the Port as well, but sign up the minute you get in or call ahead and get on the list. We had to wait until 11:30 to leave and then stopped at another hotel to pick up more guests.

we are booked in this hotel for our december cruise as well. Take a look at the east coast departures board there is a long thread about this hotel. It looks like a good hotel for a pre-cruise stay. Nothing fancy but the transportation and free breakfast are nice pluses.

Hey thanks for the replies, sounds as good as the website ad, of course we were hoping so. Great info about the shopping center. I'll post after cruise to

let anyone interested how thw whole vacation went.

We were there in October for an overnight pre-cruise. I had to wait well over an hour at the airport for the shuttle. My traveling buddy came in later and was picked up right away.

It was great having the Publix store for wine pickup right across the street and we ate at the little Italian restaurant which was OK.

As reported the hotel was clean (I didn't notice the smell mentioned by previous poster). The room was certainly adequate and shuttle to port ran on time with no additional stops. It was full from our hotel.

I'd read many good comments about the hotel and location and all proved to be generally true. I just couldn't quite figure out the round egg patties at breakfast!! I'd stay again.

Sleep Inn is great choice for the night prior to your cruise, with a free shuttle from the airport, a clean room and a shuttle to the port, it is a good precruise motel. As to one persons comment about it being too clean when I was there last month, they were in the process of replacing the carpeting in hallways and maybe now with new carpet the smell will be gone or at least reduced.

Archived