Late season storm in pacific?

liv4dalord

I was just reading on AOL news that there is a late season named storm ( Sergio?) off the coast of Mexico. has anyone heard anything about it? We leave S.F. on Monday and was looking for anything else about the weather I also just found out that it is actually a Hurricane

Storm strengthens to hurricane off Mexico's Pacific coast

Associated Press

Nov. 15, 2006 09:51 AM

MEXICO CITY - Tropical Storm Sergio strengthened into the 10th hurricane of the year in the eastern Pacific on Wednesday, but was projected to remain well out at sea.

Sergio, with winds of nearly 75 mph, was located 480 miles south of Manzanillo, Mexico, and was creeping southeastward at 2 mph, the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said.

Sergio was expected to stay over water, parallel to the Mexican coast, during the next five days. A small, compact hurricane, its winds extended only 45 miles out from the center. Tropical storms become hurricanes when wind speeds reach 74 mph.

The eastern Pacific hurricane season begins May 15 and ends Nov. 30.

The only port that they know of now is that they are going to Mazatlan on Friday. Very possible they will go to Cabo, Puerta Vallarta or maybe even Ensenada. I guess it all depends on Sergio.

I'll let you know more when I hear. I hope the storm goes away for your sailing.

I was just reading on AOL news that there is a late season named storm ( Sergio?) off the coast of Mexico. has anyone heard anything about it? We leave S.F. on Monday and was looking for anything else about the weather I also just found out that it is actually a Hurricane

The local TV's here say it will peter out in strength. In fact it went from a #2 to a #1 today. there is a 5-day forecast at---

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep1+shtml/144536.shtml?5day

Enjoy MazatlanMike

Archived