5A or 4G better on the Conquest?

Thorben-Hendrik

Hi,

I am booked on the Conquest for September 2007 and habe a 5A on the Riviera Deck right now due to the current sale.

Now I wonder if that is really a good decission ,as I have read somewhere that if there are rough seas (which might well be the case in September ? :confused: ) the waves would be "banging" ahainst the wall making a lot of noise:eek:

Would I be better off with a 4G (more motion?) or even a 4E (more motion?)

Daylight is not much of an issue for us, as we typically leave the cabin early in the morning and return when it is getting dark anyway so I am not sure we wouldd really miss the portholes a lot (do they even give a lot of light ? :confused:) ....

5As are really cool, but the one you have is way down on the Riviera Deck. If you would like your cabin to be more central to the other decks, you might want to consider something on one of the higher decks. If I could pick and choose, I think I would go with something on the Verandah Deck, which would be a 4E. A 4G will put you on the Panorama Deck, which to me is just as far away but in the other direction.

The only concerns against a 5A are the waves "banging" against the wall and the motion?

The only time we felt any additional motion was when we were going through some bad weather. Then you could feel the front of the ship moving up and down and we could see the spray going past our portholes as we hit each wave. It sounded like someone was banging file cabinet drawers shut every time we hit a wave. We actually thought it was pretty cool. And since I can sleep through just about anything, it didn't keep me awake at all.

I would suggest that if you do encounter this kind of weather, get somewhere and stay put. For some reason, one guy was taking a shower during all this and fell and broke his arm.

Archived