cinammon or trunk

KarenandKevin

I have been to both beaches, and I like Cinnamon the best. I don't think that the coral looks so "beaten up" as it does at Trunk. There are fewer people at Cinnamon, also. It is a little way out to the island, but I am just a mediocre swimmer at best, and I didn't have any trouble getting out to the snorkeling area. We saw things there that we haven't seen elsewhere - cuddle fish being one animal that was new to us.

Have fun, no matter which beautiful beach you go to.

If you have the time and don't mind a bit of a beach-side hike with your snorkel/beach gear and some swimming, I would recommend Leinster Bay and Waterlemon Cay. The access is at the Annaberg Sugar Mill ruins about 10 minutes or so north of Cinnamon Bay along North Shore Road. You swim out from the beach to the cay where you may see rays, octopi, barracudas, turtles, starfish/urchin beds, and some reef fish along the sandy bottom. The coral reef totally encircles the cay where you would then see all the typical coral reef flora/fauna (e.g. gorgonias, pen/fan corals, brain corals, fire corals, sponges, angelfish, parrotfish, wrasses, tangs, jacks, sergeant-majors, triggers, clownfish, etc.).

Have a great time!

Archived