RCCL Visa points cruise and C&A points?

If I use a RCCL VISA coupon for a free cruise (or free companion) do I still earn C&A points for that cruise?

I'm trying to work out the best bang for my buck, by using the Visa coupon to take a short cruise to get to diamond status, and then using the diamond disount on our longer cruise. But if I don't earn points I might rather use the Visa points some other way.

Thanks.

My husband and I just did the same thing. We took the Majesty for free with our RCCL Visa, and we did NOT receive cruise credit toward our platinum. I even called and C&A told me that we would not receive credit for a cruise that we did no pay for, no matter how much we spent on the boat (bought some stuff onboard). Sorry for the bad news, but they seem to be making changes, but not for the better. My hubby and I had a free Oceanview on the 9th floor, but now for the free rooms, you can choose the "Minimum available stateroom". So that would be 2nd floor or something. This time my husband and I are just doing the $$ off any cruise. That way we can choose whatever room we want. Best of luck...

I just talked to C&A and got a different answer. First the rep said I would get credit, and then I told her that folks on CruiseCritic said they DIDN'T get credit.

She checked with her supervisor AND the RCCL Visa person. Came back and said that we DO get the credit, even if the cruise is paid for by the coupon. I asked her who you folks should talk to at C&A, and she said to ask for a supervisor.

If you do, and if they do end up giving you your credit, please let us know.

but you still paid port charges & taxes which are not included. SO then you get points.

You do get C&A credits even if the cruise is free. DH and I did a b2b last spring where the second week was covered by our Visa points. We each received the credits for both weeks.

Archived