Illness onboard

mae

Can someone tell me more about Airborne, how it works and what illnesses it helps to retard. When do you take it?

If you are worried about catching something onboard the ship the best thing to do is always wash your hands and use the santitizers at the dining areas and carry purell or germ X with you. Bring meds with you if you do pick up a bug so at least you have the products you like to use with you as the stores on the ships are limited in variety and pricey.

I agree with the above, primarily helps with respiratory illness by bolstering your immune system, and I would add, psychologically helping by making you feel like you're doing something. My wife and I start using it about 3 days before we travel and use it every day, we haven't had a respiratory type illness yet. We're both really good about washing hands, using the hospital guidelines of slowly counting to ten (you can also sing the first verse of a song or something like that, great way to teach kids how long to wash), anything to get you to take a few moments to actually wash the germs off your hands before touching your nose, mouth or eyes. We've been lucky so far and after three cruises, haven't had any illness. On the other hand, it seemed I used to get sick every patrol on Navy ships, always someone bringing something onboard, and since the submarine environment is completely enclosed, you couldn't escape from it.

Thanks all, at least it should help with the germs foating through the air craft ventilation system. I'm not over conscious about this but have seen a lot of threads about this medication and wasn't sure what to do with it.

Archived