Enlightenment about QE2's "Royal Nights" Requested

berry22192

Our QE2 Itinerary includes a schedule of "Royal Nights" to be held in the Queens Room. There is a "festive and swashbuckling" Buccaneer Ball and an undescribed "Mexican Fiesta Ball." There is also apparently (but not on our segment) an "English Ascot Ball." The attire for these Balls is Formal with "Costumes Optional."

Would Cunard's Gold and Platinum members kindly enlighten me on these balls? What would be good to know (and plan for) in advance? Do most people go in costume? Are there 'events' during the ball? [i.e. might a prize awarded to the most swashbuckling buccaneer??] Is the costume the attire the entire evening? Recommendations? Experiences? Advice? Cautions? Any memorable moments?

Any advice most welcome...thanks!

Chris

Hmmm, a swashbuckling buccaneer........

Our QE2 Itinerary includes a schedule of "Royal Nights" to be held in the Queens Room. There is a "festive and swashbuckling" Buccaneer Ball and an undescribed "Mexican Fiesta Ball." There is also apparently (but not on our segment) an "English Ascot Ball." The attire for these Balls is Formal with "Costumes Optional."

Would Cunard's Gold and Platinum members kindly enlighten me on these balls? What would be good to know (and plan for) in advance? Do most people go in costume? Are there 'events' during the ball? [i.e. might a prize awarded to the most swashbuckling buccaneer??] Is the costume the attire the entire evening? Recommendations? Experiences? Advice? Cautions? Any memorable moments?

Any advice most welcome...thanks!

Chris

Hmmm, a swashbuckling buccaneer........

Chris,

I noticed this item in my pre-cruise documents also. I have heard that few people don the costumes that are suggested. I am not planning on costumes. See you on board.

Would Cunard's Gold and Platinum members kindly enlighten me on these balls?

I have never seen "Royal Nights" on the QE2. They might be something new, they might be specific to the World Cruise or (I think more likely) they are your Cruise Director's idea for a theme that will never be realised. I wouldn't plan on taking lots of things to dress up with - on the occasions they have had fancy dress competitions I haven't seen anyone in costume.

Archived