Room Assignment on the Maasdam

sunflowerstarr

We booked a cat MM guarantee and the room assignment posted on the immigration form says 388. Looking at the deck plans it looks to be a cat C (oceanview) on the lower promenade deck. Has anyone had this room before? Looking at the plans it looks like nothing is directly above us, the only thing really close is the dining room which we dont plan to be around the room during dinner anyways. We are near the elevators but we had a simliar location on a Carnival cruise and the ding of the elevators on their ship didnt bother us. Any info on that room or that area would be helpful. Thanks!

I do believe you'll like your stateroom. I have not had that particular room, but I have had rooms nearby. In fact, I have requested rooms on the Lower Promenade deck a couple of times.

I think you'll enjoy being near the outside deck. You certainly won't have far to travel for the lifeboat drill.

Have a great time.:)

Thanks so much, I almost cant believe the good luck on this. Of course I know this is subject to change up until the time we get there so its entirely possible well end up with something different, but I am happy at the idea of it and wont be too disappointed if we get lower.

Being close to muster is a definite plus. I hated it so much on the carnival cruise I went on. I understand the importance and dont plan to skip it but it was really annoying lol. Hopefully this time I wont miss my sail away drink trying to finish it all up!

We booked a cat MM guarantee and the room assignment posted on the immigration form says 388. Looking at the deck plans it looks to be a cat C (oceanview) on the lower promenade deck. Has anyone had this room before? Looking at the plans it looks like nothing is directly above us, the only thing really close is the dining room which we dont plan to be around the room during dinner anyways. We are near the elevators but we had a simliar location on a Carnival cruise and the ding of the elevators on their ship didnt bother us. Any info on that room or that area would be helpful. Thanks!

From MM to C is a great upgrade! Congratulations! There is the very minor drawback that you'll have to close your drapes at night, but in the MM you didn't even have a window! :D As far as being aft, my DW and I prefer that area because it is nearer the dining room and the starting-end of the Lido serving lines ... which are two places that we are far more often than anyplace else on the ship! :)

Oh I definitely agree. I like it dark when I sleep so Id have closed them anyways. I am just superstoked that our gamble paid off. Although, once again, I am just happy to be on the ship. All my professors have worked with me so all my assignments will be finished. No doing finals on the ship, can just relax! With the schedule I have next semester and trying to get it all straight I need this vacation.

We booked a cat MM guarantee and the room assignment posted on the immigration form says 388. Looking at the deck plans it looks to be a cat C (oceanview) on the lower promenade deck. Has anyone had this room before? Looking at the plans it looks like nothing is directly above us, the only thing really close is the dining room which we dont plan to be around the room during dinner anyways.
(The dining room is further aft from your cabin). It's a little hard to tell, but the area directly above you just might be part of the galley. Perhaps the reason it wasn't booked? It would be nice to have a galley diagram to know if a cabin is directly under the dishwasher or something else particularly noisy. Anyone ever been directly under the galley? I suspect they stay pretty busy around the clock. We were upgraded from MM to DD and are several cabins forward from yours on the 11 Dec departure. We've never been on the Maasdam, but would normally prefer a midship inside cabin to reduce seasickness effects. Does HAL allow cabin trading?

I knew we werent directly under it, I just meant it was the closest thing above us, especially that would attract a lot of traffic. I never thought about the possibility of the dishwasher. Oh well I'm flexible. I dont think HAL has a trading program and I will honestly not be too upset if there is some noise or whatever. I was more wondering what to expect. A little less than a week! So much to do and I cant wait!

I'm glad you're still excited. You'll be getting off as we get on so I guess we won't have the benefit of your insights prior to our sailing. I noticed you might also have an outside door to the deck next to your cabin. Hopefully, that won't be too distracting.

My own excitement has cooled considerably with some of the latest reviews and our cabin placement. I can't help but be a bit apprehensive. All I really wanted was a midship inside cabin and the upgrade to an outside aft isn't particularly desirable to us. Unfortunately, I paid far more for this cruise on a per day basis than I have for any previous cruise and was really hoping for a vast improvement in food and service. I will be truly disappointed if this turns out to be a worse cruise than our recent 'bargain' Carnival Fantasy cruise (as the member reviews would seem to indicate). Well, I'm trying to lower my expectations a bit, so I will be happily surprised if this turns out well. Good Luck Sunflowerstarr and have a great cruise!

sunflowerstarr: You're going to love your cabin; we have been in a Cat C on the Lower Promenade and absolutely enjoyed it. You do have privacy, even though people are walking past your window all day - you have to stand with your nose to the glass in order to be able to see in, so don't worry. Test it out for yourselves and you'll see it takes effort to be able to look into somebody's cabin. At night, however, it is another story - close your drapes or you'll be giving your fellow passengers quite a show as you change and dress for dinner, etc. :eek:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks so much for all the tips guys. I plan to do my changing in the bathroom as I am rooming with a guy friend who is just a friend lol. Plus I plan to keep them closed most of the time because I do not plan to be in my room all that much to miss any views :) I am starting to get really excited and really flustered at the same time. I am thinkina bout all i need to get done and the days I have designated for certain things. That only leaves me part of Tues and all of Wed to get packed and ready....eeek. But I have faith it will get done.

Archived