turning 60 also

madhouseinc

No ..but I have heard of a new safer than Botox treatment for wrinkles. It's called RESTYLANE. Articles I have read have plastic surgeons praising it's results. Here's the web site.http://www.restylane.com/consumer/ And happy 60th!

Errrr....you confusing the two products entirely and by the way, Botox is absolutely safe.

Botox freezes the muscles so they can't move. Wrinkles disappear.

Restylane is a filler. It fills in lines and plumps them up.

Botox is used for the top half of the face - forehead, crowsfeet, between eyebrows.

Restylane is used for the bottom half of the face - to plump up the lines between the nose and lips (nasal fold) and to plump up lips. They use Restylane where they used to use collagen because it lasts longer and people can't be allergic to it they way they were to collagen.

Has anyone had any experience with cosmetic acupunture? Have seen it on some of the makeover shows and think I would like it instead of botox.

No, I've never heard of that. How interesting!

I hope someone jumps in with information.

My Mother wants a facelift and is very frightened of having one so she's looking into having the Titan Laser treatment. If accupuncture works, I bet the two together would be a fantastic combination for those who don't want to have a facelift!

Botox is a “relaxer”. We use it to treat wrinkles that are caused by muscle movements that fold lines into the skin. For example, the frown line between your eyebrows, the forehead lines, and the “Crow’s feet” around the eyes.

Restylane is a “filler”. We use it to treat wrinkles and folds that are caused by gravity and loss of volume. Restylane replaces the lost volume by filling in the wrinkle, plumping it up. This often results in a “lifting effect”.

Which one lasts longer?

Restylane lasts longer. The company says six to twelve months, but most of my patients come back after seven or eight months.

-------Thanks Jane 110 for info , my original research was an article titled "Botox vs Restylane" which discussed comparitive advantages. It may have been written by and for Restylane manufacters. Further research above does support your info---just proves the need for the consumer to investigate all avenues when considering cosmetic procedures

No ..but I have heard of a new safer than Botox treatment for wrinkles. It's called RESTYLANE. Articles I have read have plastic surgeons praising it's results. Here's the web site.http://www.restylane.com/consumer/ And happy 60th!

I want to have this done so badly, but why is it so much more than collegen? I realize it will last longer OR that's what I'm told, but I don't get the big price increase:(

Archived