Question about Sunny Liston and Disney Wonder

jennybabee

My DH and I are sailing on the wonder on 12/20 and when we are in St Thomas we are using Sunny hopefully. He has asked us to secure a time for pickup but I am alittle confused. He said pick up is 9, 10 or 11 island time and I am not sure if we stay on island or ship time on the ship . Because we are due in at 8 per the itinerary (I am assuming that is ship time) and If we stay on ship time that is 9 island time (I THINK ??) so I would not want first pickup, I really dont want to be too rushed off the ship. Did I make any sense there ??

Here's a link to a "Personal Navigator" from last year: http://www.disneycruiser.info/m060304/eastday1.htm It includes a reminder to set your clock ahead one hour for the time change. Although my 1st Disney cruise is 12/21/06, on all my other cruises ship time changed when we crossed into a new time zone.

PS: Maybe you didn't get any responses because post was a little confusing. There is no 12/20 sailing for any Disney ship and the Wonder only goes to Nassau and Castaway Cay (closest sailing 12/21/06) (Disney Magic goes to St Thomas, but the closest sailing is the 10 day holiday cruise departing 12/16/06 and calling in St Thomas on 12/23/06.... I hope you meant the 1/20/07 sailing on the Magic (I'd hate to think of you missing your cruise).:)

OH MY GOSH - I got the whole post wrong lol - sorry. It is JANUARY 20th and it is the MAGIC. I just asked sonny and he claims ship time is same as his time . Thank you for atleast trying to help me - ur the only one that pointed it out . thank you

Hi, just got back from the Eastern 11/25 cruise.

Many who were with us went with Sonny Liston at the 9 a.m. tour.

They had no problems getting off in time.

We tendered at St. Thomas so it took a little longer to get a shore.

But we had a 7:15 a.m. excursion. They start clearing customs at 6:30 a.m. So be there then, once you've cleared customs then grab a quick breakfast and get off the ship. The tender takes about 10 minutes.

Everyone with early excursions are the first to get off the ship. Those with late excursions or no excursions are the last to get off, so that helps.

Maybe by the time you go they wont tender, but will dock at the pier which will save you a little time. If you have any doubts at all, just do the the 10 a.m. tour. I will say that it is hard to get breakfast due to the crowds if you need to leave early to get off the ship, so if you are a more leisurely person I would say to 10 or 11 a.m.

Friends who did this tour said it was AWESOME!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks Momx4 - you are always so much help on these boards !!!! We actually booked him for 10 Am because I think two hrs shopping is about all my DH can take lol and we did not want to have to make a mad dash out the door in the am - how long did customs take and did they do it all on board and did they call in any particular order ?

Hi,

customs is all done in the Walt Disney theater unless your not a US citizen, then you go to Rock N Bar D.

It starts at 6:30 a.m. They ask all those with early morning excursions to report then, then a few minutes later others with excursions are to report, then a few minutes later people who are just going ashore with no excursion can go, then last are those who are staying on board can go.

They dont aks or check when your excursions are, it is just courtesy to let those who have to leave first to go first. they give you papers that give exact times for each group.

Ok, it goes very fast, if you follow instructions.

Every one in your family (cabin) has to report together, even kids. They check you in and do a head count out side the theater. So have veryone together or you'll be sent back to get them.

Everyone will need either their passport or birth certificate and photo ID to present to customs. NO exceptions!!!!

You go into the theater and they will seat you in a row. Then the CM's will tell each row when it is time to get up and walk down in front of the stage where 2 customs agents will look at all your documents and sometimes ask you where you live or your birthday. Then you go out a side door where they stamp your hand.

Once everyone has cleared customs you can get off the ship.

They will scan your hand for the invisible stamp before getting off the ship. If you dont have the stamp you will NOT be allowed off the ship.

So you cant cheat the system.

They do have coffee and juice by the theater doors if you want. sometimes a few pastries too, but it really goes fast and you probably wont have time to drink anything.

Breakfast is open early that morning yoo.

If you tender they will announce where you can get atender ticket on board if you dont have a disney excursion. if you have an excursion ticket it will serve as your tender ticket.

Hopefully you will dock, not tender. That would be much easier fo ryou.

Hope that makes sense what I wrote??

Kathy

Archived