Cruise docs and shopping

We picked up our cruise docs on Sat. (Alaska, Celebrity Summit, 8/13) I'd been reminding my dh for months that he needed to put a little thought into clothes. (Why do men wear the same shabby things yr in and yr out regardless of how they look? Of course, they're comfortable: so's a muumuu, but they wouldn't wear that!)

Maybe the cruise docs provided the necessary motivation b/c he actually started thinking and yesterday we went shopping. Hallelujah! Now I won't have to pretend he's really with someone else. ;-)

M/R

Glad you got your cruise docs and that it prompted your husband that he needs to do some shopping.

Sorry, not ALL men like to look shabby. I know very few who do.

Maybe the new clothes will inspire your husband to clean up his act. :-)

Good luck.

Have a fantastic cruise.

He's bought shorts and jeans. He still has to buy Dockers (or something similar). He's getting one suit altered. I'm still on him about shirts. It's a good thing I didn't marry him for his fashion sense b/c I'd be wondering where'd I go wrong.

He's lost 25 lbs over the past 7 mos. That means one size smaller in jackets, 2 in. down in waistline. The thing is the weight loss is all over--not just in the abdomen. Jackets are now too large through the shoulders and chest; pants are too big in the behind and the thighs.

He doesn't quite understand that stuffing all that extra shirt fabric into the waist band of his pants doesn't compensate for the extra folds of fabric under his arms. He figures if it isn't too tight or falling down around his ankles it fits OK.

Let's put it this way: he's still a work in progress. ;-)

M/R

Archived