Travel insurance question

montyone

Is there a company that will cover if you have to miss your cruise because of a JOB related reason. I know I've heard of it before, but I can't remember the company. Thanks!!!

It really depends on what the situation is. Many will cover you if you're laid off as long as you have been continually employed with the company for a set period of time (usually 3 years).

But none will cover you if there's some sort of a job-related conflict like an important meeting that you must attend, etc. That is, with the exception of some of the policies that offer "cancel for any reason" coverage -- Travel Safe and MH Ross / Global Alert are two that do. You can find them on most online comparison sights.

Also, if you take the Princess plan it allows for cancellation for any reason with a credit of a portion of the penalties (75% or 90%) held toward a future cruise.

Travel Guard also has a "cancel for any reason" clause in some of its policies if issued within 14 days of first payment. You only get back up to $250 per person though on the non-refundable portion.

Is there a company that will cover if you have to miss your cruise because of a JOB related reason. I know I've heard of it before, but I can't remember the company. Thanks!!!

Access America - here is the link:

http://www.accessamerica.com/press.asp?article=1158

Have to Cancel or Interrupt Your Trip Because of Work?

A New Travel Insurance Plan Has You Covered

19% Cancel or Postpone Vacations Because They Have to Work

RICHMOND, VA, July 10, 2006 - According to a recent poll by Harris Interactive for Expedia, 19% of U.S. adults cancel or postpone vacation plans because of work. The good news is that Access America is now introducing a unique new insurance program to address this issue.

"Many Americans face work obstacles when they try to vacation, even if the trip is planned well in advance," said Beth Godlin, Executive Vice President of Access America. "Our portfolio of travel insurance plans meets a variety of needs, and now the Access America BizPack option addresses the most common business-related reason for missing a vacation - the need to work."

The new program, called BizPack, is a set of exclusive business-related travel insurance benefits that can be added to comprehensive plans for just $19 per adult. BizPack allows the traveler to cancel or interrupt their trip due to the following reasons:

Required to work

Business or company merger

Business is made unsuitable due to fire, flood, natural disaster and burglary

Work may get in the way of a vacation but, with BizPack, it doesn’t have to mean a lost vacation investment.

About Access America

Access America provides travel insurance and assistance to millions of travelers each year and is a division and service mark of World Access Service Corp. A global leader in travel insurance and emergency assistance, Access America uses cutting-edge technology to deliver customized solutions to enhance value for airlines, travel agents, travel suppliers, credit card companies and more. World Access is a member of the Mondial Assistance Group and part of the Allianz family of companies. Visit http://www.accessamerica.com.

Princess' "in house" travel insurance allows you to cancel for any reason for a 75 or 90% credit towards a future cruise. No, it's not $$ in your hands, BUT you can cancel for any reason and get the credit which you can apply towards a future cruise. Their insurance is a little high but when you reach Platinum status you can get upgraded for free to the 90% credit back policy.

What time frame do you have to canc. without penalty? I have always been under the impression that you may canc. with no penalty up until final payment is due. Am I wrong? At that time I planned on taking out travel insurance for anything unexpected.

Please advise if I am mistaken, the cruise I am booking is 10-20-07 & 10-27-07 .

thanks,

-Patti:confused:

LALAFRANCE, You are correct. You should be able to get 100% back before the final payment. (Unless you book at some on-line travel sites that have there own cancellation penalties. I have done this and would lose $100 per room.) From Princess there are graduated refunds after final payment. Read the small print.

I never get insurance til around final payment. I also only insure the cruise. With airline tickets you do not necessarily lose the money. If done correctly you can credit to a later flight.

Archived