Port Out, Starboard Home on Alaska Cruises?

Wendell

We're taking the Ryndam on the Sep 9th from Anchorage to Vancouver.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the Port side versus Starboard side? Bow versus Stern cabins?

Wendell

Well, except when you're actually in the Inside Passage (Juneau on down, say) the Starboard side is more likely to see nothing but ocean!

Personally, I like stern cabins because they are closer to the dining room and the starting end of the Lido serving lines ... two places that I am more often than any other places on the ship! :D

:D

We're taking the Ryndam on the Sep 9th from Anchorage to Vancouver.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the Port side versus Starboard side? Bow versus Stern cabins?

Wendell

Wendell.....Ryndam is identical to the Statendam that you sailed on.Port Vs. Starboard is a toss up....I always book Portside on Hal ships[37 cruises] but it is in order to always have identical cabins. Nutty I know but it works for me and I never get lost at night!!!..My agent knows to book Portside, left hand entry door...The Prinsendam being different she just books Port side and usually cabin 10.....Have fun...I am sure you will get much better answers than mine though we have made the Alaskan cruise 8 times on 4 different cruise lines....Rob from Friday Harbor.

Cruising south bound you'd probably want to be on the port side. The idea is to have a view to the east. Obviously, north bound you'd want starboard for the same reason.

Interestingly we've been on the port side for our last two cruises but will be back on the starboard side for our next one. Last time we were on the starboard side we kept getting turned around. Silly...... :o

Archived