Princess Cays Bungalow Review

Cruise Junky

Hello all, just a quick report of the bungalow we had on our Grand Princess cruise 11/10-11/17. We ended up with the Hibiscus bungalow #2, very cute! Ice water waiting, and an attendant there very quickly for drink orders. We were there the first week it opened after the storm. Everything looked great and it appeared that they had brought in a lot of new sand. Princess provided a golf cart ride to the bungalow for us as my cabin mate was having a lot of difficulty with a bum knee. The bungalows are to the far left when you get on the island and it is a lovely area with palm trees. Lunch was brought to us and served beautifully. They wrapped up the left overs for snacking on later, then brought us cookies and a variety of fruits mid-afternoon. Very nicely done. We had a party of 4 and all enjoyed it very much. I had a float reserved and used it in a little bay area right in front of the bungalows. It looked like they had 3 new bungalows in the process of being prepared. They were built, not painted yet. The bathrooms are near the barbecue area, a little hike but not a deal breaker. Enjoy!!!

:D Sonomaphil,

What is a coastal van?

Coastal Vancouver to San Francisco 2 day cruise. It's a repositioning cruise usually in September each year (expect next year for some reason!)

In St Maarten we did the America's Cup race. It is one of the best excursions if you don't mind an active excursion, you actually work on a America Cup boat and race to win! And we won! We were on True North and beat Stars and Stripes.

My e-mail address is below this if you want to contact me!

I have a bungalow for a cruise coming up.

I got it because 1: it was my fav. area with hammocks before they put the bungalows there and 2: To get away from the crowds and have some peace and quiet.

I don't mean to be a party pooper but reading this thread, it seems some think it is a great party area and want to have their music playing, inviting more than it is suppose to hold, etc.

Which would be ok: except the bungalows are VERY close together and what one bungalow is doing could effect them all.

My thought is the bungalows are so close together it would be inconsiderate for others that also have a bungalow to be loud and play music that all the other people can hear. I can just imagine 6 bungalows blaring a different kind of music at the same time!!!

I'm concerned, I'm paying a lot to have one, for my husband and I to have a quiet spot to relax etc. and really don't want it spoiled by others close by being inconsiderate!

Please be respectful when using them, as what you are doing does effect those around you!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you pay the extra (I think it is the VIP package) to have the food brought to the bungalow? I have one reserved for February and it appears for the $200 it is just the bungalow...nothing else. Any additional information will be helpful.

Thanks!

Kim

Did you pay the extra (I think it is the VIP package) to have the food brought to the bungalow? I have one reserved for February and it appears for the $200 it is just the bungalow...nothing else. Any additional information will be helpful.

Thanks!

Kim

Kim we just paid the 200.00. The ice water was waiting, the linen covered table was set and waiting for us. Our bungalow attendant was there quickly, taking drink orders and asking us what time we wanted lunch served. A team of two brought us a lot of food, much more than 4 people needed, wrapped up the leftovers for snacking on later. They then later in the afternoon brought us fresh fruits and cookies! It was all we needed, very nice and not the VIP package. Hope this helps. Enjoy it!

Thanks!

Kim

i am there in feb, aswell

Just got back from Princess Cays.When we booked our bungalow I was looking for a nice quite place to spend with my wife.The bungalows are not that! The best thing about them was the air conditioning when you want out of the sun.Two of the bungalows had music going and the bungalow next to us had a group of 25 or so there! Yes that is 25 no exaggeration we took a head count. They grabbed all but 2 of the lounge chairs and put them together then said wow this is like our own private beach.May be that is why they are changing the pricing for these.The small little cove did not alow for all of the people there to use at the same time.Next time we would either try something different or would consider a bungalow with a few more people 4-6.Anyway have a great cruise.

Just got back from Princess Cays.When we booked our bungalow I was looking for a nice quite place to spend with my wife.The bungalows are not that! The best thing about them was the air conditioning when you want out of the sun.Two of the bungalows had music going and the bungalow next to us had a group of 25 or so there! Yes that is 25 no exaggeration we took a head count. They grabbed all but 2 of the lounge chairs and put them together then said wow this is like our own private beach.May be that is why they are changing the pricing for these.The small little cove did not alow for all of the people there to use at the same time.Next time we would either try something different or would consider a bungalow with a few more people 4-6.Anyway have a great cruise.

That is a bummer to spend that much money to not have a peaceful time. Was there someone you could have complained to?

No not really!!The bungalows are about 20 ft apart. I guess what you are renting is the bungalow itself which would fit 6 at the most 2-4 comfortably. There is also a little deck with a couple of lounge chairs on it.The space in front of bungalows looks like they are fair game for anyone. There will 8 more that are all but finished but lack water for the small shower.So there will be more people by at least twice than there is now.

I too was not impressed with the Bungalows.

I felt rushed to eat, the space is small,and like said above you are at the mercy of those by you. If they want to party and you want quiet forget it!! I felt we were lucky to have respectful guests next to us.

This area always had hammocks before and was my favorite place to spend the day..now it has 15 buildings there and is no longer the quiet place I loved.

It used to be my favorite island because of this.

I will not be getting another one, I felt it was a waste of money.

If you have someone that needs AC then get them but if you are looking for peace and quiet it's not the place!

• 2 weeks later...
I just enjoyed a bungalow at Princess Cays. Didn't pay for any extras and had all food and drinks brought to us. Felt like butler service to me, without the costs. :)

That may have changed just recently. I found this reply to an inquiry I had posted about this topic.

#5 report.gif

post_old.gif Today, 09:48 PM

image.php?u=94346&dateline=1090456366taxatty user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_12772616", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Just off the Coral--the envelope with the bungalow tour ticket coupon didn't include the VIP tender tickets, but when I called the Tour Desk and asked for them, they were separately delivered. Note that the tender line was chaotic--you still needed to get in line to get on the tenders early (and people just cut in the line as they pleased without being stopped), despite what the VIP ticket said.

On the other hand--NO food or water was delivered to the bungalows unless you got the $299 package. We had to get our own lunch (no big deal). The Princess description sheet that came with the bungalow tour ticket clearly shows this as a difference between the $199 and $299 packages. This must be a recent change, unless someone screwed up when we were there.

Les

• 2 weeks later...

I've just called Princess to clarify what the purchase of a bungalow rental includes. The young lady with whom I was speaking checked with "her people" and they in turn called through to the excursion reps in Fort Lauderdale but had to leave voicemail. I was asked to call back tomorrow and they will have the info requested. I specifically asked about food/beverage service and preferred tendering. So, I'll let you know tomorrow!

Susan

Thank you for calling. I'll be interested to know what you find out. I too have a bungalow reserved for an upcoming cruise (April), but without the priority tenders or the food service it just doesn't seem worth it...

Ok ... here's the scoop! I just got off the phone with a Princess rep who told me that the Fort Lauderdale people in charge of excursions hadn't responded to the voicemail. She then called her Help Desk Excursions reps and they told her that there was no food/beverage service or preferred tendering. I asked when it was discontinued and she said that the Help Desk reps said that it had never been offered. I told her that I thought they were mistaken because of the number of posts from people who had experienced those perks. Needless to say, I'm a bit skeptical about the information I've been given. The Princess rep did suggest that I could call back in a couple of days to check to see if they had heard from Fort Lauderdale people yet.

Soooooo .... my best bet would be food/beverage service and preferred tendering has been discontinued. Such a shame .... I was really looking forward to it! Hoping this has been somewhat helpful.

Susan

Read the review from Emerald XMAS cruise and all services included.

On our roll call the group has all 6 reserved.

Should be interesting when we all approach the desk on board and ask what is supplied. Did it last year and great. If she says nothing all 6 will be available all at once.:p

Archived