Daytime clothing

willieg

This will be our first cruise in cooler weather. We will be cruising in Sept and want to know what the usual daytime clothing will be. We are used to shorts and t-shirts so give us some good advice for Alaska and the West Coast in September.

on glacier viewing days..you might need gloves and something to warm your ears, if you go up on deck (recommended). mostly, layers..always layers. t-shirts under a sweat or light jacket, with some rain gear handy.

if the wind blows, it will get colder. if no wind, not as cold. on any given day it can get wet (drizzle to rain).

our glacier day was one of the warmest for the cruise, people in shorts on deck..very unusual. never got cold enough for gloves, but i had them with me. did have rain poncho for me and rain slicker for him...needed them.

hooded lined windbreaker or a hooded fleece for the colder weather. you don't need to pack a heavy coat or parka.

remember, most of this area is a rainforest..they get rain. that's what makes it so beautiful.

do a search of this thread and you will find many, many questions/answers on this.

Archived