Cruise Critic Get Together....how to set it up?

Leebo

Hello, can anyone tell me how I would go about setting up a cruise critic get together for my group. We want to meet on the first sea day and I was wondering if there was a way to contact the CD or if I should just phone Carnival itself. Has anyone else ever done this before? I want to set it up on the Liberty in February. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

CC & Carnival do not have an agreement for so called Meet & Mingle type group parties. You are free to set up your own get together by posting it on your Roll Call. Just post a time & place to meet onboard the ship....at one of the Lido deck bars, etc. Sometimes scheduling two different days & times help since many may get busy & miss one or the other.

Carnival Groups Department may be able to help you but prices are pretty steep.

I, too would set it up yourself. Meet at one of the pools or bars. U dont need special permission.

If meeting on the first day--dont set up a certain time-- jsut state after the muster drill. (sometimes it run later)

also-- have other meeting times during the week. Some people wont make it to that first one for a variety of reasons. but the first day is rought-- meeting after muster is hard on people with first dining.

I like sea days at tea times. Its lsited in the capers. 3:30 on sea days only.. Nice time to get together, especially for people who couldnt make it to the first one.

Thanks for the reply's. That's what we were going to do but then we thought maybe Carnival would set something up for us. I think this is probably the best way then. We just weren't sure if the lounges or bars were opened up during the day and I couldn't remember cause I'm usually napping during the day and I don't notice if they are or not.

Lounges will be opened the first day. Most are opened the whole cruise

Open areas like the aft pool bar is a good idea. (thats where we had ours. Told the people to take the side with the grill and walk all the way back til you cant go no more.) was easy to get around. Offered food for the foodies. Outdoors where people generally want to be in the begining of the cruise.

Piano Man bar is small and intimate as is the Stage--which will give you tables/chairs for everyone.

The Cabinet is a cigar smoking place and it does a good job of displacing the smoke

Archived