Flights to Manaus

Paul&Kathy

We keep looking at itineraries that either start or end in Manaus, but for us from England the flights seem to be almost impossible, or at best rediculously expensive. We are happy to travel via America and wonder if anybody could advise of any reasonably priced flights to Manaus from, say, New York or Miami ?

Thanks

We were on the Royal Princess leaving Manaus in April 2005 and ended up using Princess Air for the trip. They flew us from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale and then put us in a hotel overnight. The next day we were put on one of their 2 charter flights to Manaus. The charter operator was World Airways. I looked for alternative flights, but it's a challenge to simply get to Manaus. A number of the routings had us going to either Rio or Sao Paolo first, both of which are w-a-y out of the way. I would guess you'd have better luck finding flights on your own out of Miami rather than New York. By the way, the cost using Princess air was substantially cheaper than anything I could find.

Good luck to you! The Amazon is amazing and one of those "have to see" places in the world.

Jim

Archived