Which Itinerary better? Cabo,Maz,PV *OR* Aca,Ixt,PV,Cabo??

Jacquelyn11

I'm just starting to do some research for a Thanksgiving week 2007. This will be our first cruise out of a California port.

I have the choice of a 7 day that goes to Cabo, Mazatalan, and PV on either Golden Princess, CCL Pride, or RC VOS

OR

An 8 day that ports at Acapulco, Ixtapa, PV and Cabo on NCL Star

For the Mexican Port experts, is Aca/Ixt a better choice than just Maz?

Which ship for family with 2 teenage boys 14 & 15?

Thanks for the help!

Jacquelyn :D

NCL star is the best one, weve been on it 2 times this year, youwill love Ixtapa,its beautiful , and all the other ports as well. i think its better to get ACA and ixtapa instead of mazatlan IMO<

and theres alot to do on the star.. we had a great time,

you can see our pics

at this link http://community.webshots.com/user/melika091900

the 2 albums at the top are the cruises on star..

if you have any questions email me ..

happy holidays

Melissa

I'm just starting to do some research for a Thanksgiving week 2007. This will be our first cruise out of a California port.

I have the choice of a 7 day that goes to Cabo, Mazatalan, and PV on either Golden Princess, CCL Pride, or RC VOS

OR

An 8 day that ports at Acapulco, Ixtapa, PV and Cabo on NCL Star

For the Mexican Port experts, is Aca/Ixt a better choice than just Maz?

Which ship for family with 2 teenage boys 14 & 15?

Thanks for the help!

Your teens will have a better time on RC VOS and the Star has the better ports. Since we are partial to PV, I would tell you to take the Pride as they have the longest port time in PV.

Enjoy!

I'm leaning toward the NCL Sun. One day longer and not that much more in funds. We use Hilton Grand Vac. Club points to "pay" for our cruises and the deal they currently have on the Sun is better than the CCL Pride or RC VOS. We have been on the Pride and the RC Mariner so we know the offering of these classes of ships!

We also prefer the "Freestyle" dining rather than the scheduled dinner.

Thanks for all your advice!!

I'm leaning toward the NCL Sun. One day longer and not that much more in funds. We use Hilton Grand Vac. Club points to "pay" for our cruises and the deal they currently have on the Sun is better than the CCL Pride or RC VOS. We have been on the Pride and the RC Mariner so we know the offering of these classes of ships!

We also prefer the "Freestyle" dining rather than the scheduled dinner.

Thanks for all your advice!!

4 ports better than 3. Deal is better than "no deal". With Zihua/Ixtapa you are getting 2 for the price of 1. We loved Zihua on Carnival Spirit.

We have sailed the Mexican Riviera on RCI before and did not care for Mazatlan. We have not seen Ixtapa or Alcapulco yet. In February we are sailing on NCL Star to Alcapulco and can't wait to see Ixtapa. The Travel Channel's Samantha Brown said that Ixtapa is considered Mexico's loveliest location. It was built for tourists.

I did notice that sailing to the Mexican Riviera during the winter can be cool in Cabo with temps in the 70's. The ocean is too cold for swimming that time of year too. Everyone loves Cabo. It is my favorite Mexican port. DH loved getting his Corona for a buck a bottle on the pier.

Our favorite thing about our last Mexican Riviera cruise in February was seeing the whales when we got near Cabo. Dolphins lined the bow of the ship skipping in and out of the water. The mountains were green and gorgeous and we sailed along the Mexican coast.

We are looking forward to going further south to Alcapulco this February in hopes of warmer temps and ocean swimming. DH loves waverunners, so I guess that we'll have to save that adventure for the warmer ocean in Alcapulco.

The ocean is too cold for swimming that time of year too.

Ocean temps near Cabo, and all the way down through Puerto Vallarta, run in the low 70s and high 60s during the late winter and early spring months. This is definitely not too cold for swimming, IMHO.

While locals in Cabo and the other ports, who are used to the bathtub warm 83° water temps of the summer and fall think this is cold, if you're from the Northern states (like us), where the ocean water hovers between 40° and 50° in the SUMMER, then this will be very good to you.

The difference is just that instead of bathtub warm water you can soak in for hours, you'll experience water that is cool, not cold, and you'll only want to be in for a half-hour to an hour or so at a time before letting the ever-present sun warm you up. Kind of like an outdoor swimming pool in the summer. The kids will still love it.

If I'm going snorkeling or doing watersports during the winter months, I'll wear my 3mm shorty wetsuit I picked up at Costco for ten bucks. It's a long time before I get cold at all. Remember, when snorkeling, or doing watersports, the 75° - 80° sun is still shining down on your back, keeping you warm.

I do recommend a full wetsuit for scuba diving, however, during the winter.

Just my observations and opinions - cold is a relative thing, when we went scuba diving in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil, we didn't use a wetsuit at all in the 80° water, and were totally fine, while the divemaster wore his 5mm full wetsuit because it was "cold in the winter".

going to MR on the STAR for the second time...this time hitting ixpata(nice to hear it is such a WONDERFUL place) and then aca...we went to matzalan and manzanillo last time cos of ship probs....

i really enjoyed the trip last time but looking forward to two new ports and CABO...i just loved LANDS END and would just like to stop and soak up a little sun on LOVERs Beach this time...we did the shopping last time...they just dont allow you much time in CABO to fully ENJOY everything!!! PV is NICE to we did a little of the city and hubby swam with the dolphins!

we really enjoyed the STAR and the free-style crusing with NCL...i think its just a preference as there is alot to see and do in each PORT!

Hope you find the RIGHT CRUISE for you*

Archived