Mercury 20 August

kilted scout

yes the ship is leaving at 3pm

At this point in time, due to the UK office doing what I asked, but not checking if it was what I finally wanted, if you see what I mean. We currnetly have no tours booked in Skagway. The am Mushers cruise we were confirmed on they cancelled so we could go on the am White Pass Rail. This is what I asked for, however, another contibutor mentioned the Summit tour by bus, whcih would still allow the mushers tour and the trip up the mountain. So when i rang today to say that is what we would like to do I found they had already made the change with Florida withour refering back to me first - they were too busy.

So now I don't know what I'm doing!!

So despite having spent months planning all this I seem to have made a real mess of Skagway.

I just wish people would get back to you whaen you leave messages, or when they say they will. In both cases this would have helped me.

But, it's hard to be angry because they were trying to help me.

Rod

You should be able to check your current excursions on line at celebrity.com, if you booked them through Celebrity. Give that a try..

Don't worry, it will all be sorted out by the time you leave on your trip..:)

SDCruiser

Hi,

We got our cruise documents today!! We have planned the mushers camp in Skagway at 11:30 and are doing a Coastal Helicoptor Adventure out of Juneau at 4pm. I did not book the helicoptor tour through Celebrity. So, even with the port time changes I think we are okay. I hope they don't change the times again!! See you soon.

Lorrie

Hi Cindon

Absolutely no need to apologise, It's just that being English I didn't understand it at all. I wouldn't have know if it was a joke, agreement, or an insult.

We have expressions we use in one part of our country that have no meaning outside of the area.

P.S. What is the 'meaning' or suggestion of the expression - I would like to know

Rodney

• 2 weeks later...

Rodney..... Remember, that you will be able to book excursions while on the ship. Yes, some do sell out...especially the Musher's Camp.

The website is limited as to how many they will sell (they sell MOST of them this way, though)...because not every passenger has access to booking on the website.

If you are still needing to book an excursion when you board...go ASAP to the Excursions Desk....when it opens....on the day of embarking.

We did the Musher's Camp and the White Pass Scenic Railway (train/both ways) in Skagway. (June 2004)

ps. I just love how you folks from England "ring" someone! Cute.

Will we have enough time in each port to see everything? I was disappointed that our port times were cut short. It did not affect our shore excursions. We are doing the Musher's Camp in Skagway at 11:30 and a Helicopter Glacier Tour in Juneau at 4pm (I did not book this through the cruise line). I hope they don't change our times again!! Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone!

Lorrie

Hi!

I posted this same thing on another thread....so sorry if I am repeating it. Anyway, yes, you will have time to see Skagway, Ketchikan and Juneau, even if they shorten the times. On my cruise, they took two hours away from Skagway and Ketchikan, but it was actually a good thing. I had a shore exursion in both towns, and they ended around 3, both times we got back to the ship right on time ( they schedule them so you don't miss the ship). Anyway, we had PLENTY of time before the excursions to shop and see the towns. All three towns are extremely small, you will not need to be there all day, nor will you want to be. We were worried at first when we found out that our times were shortened, but once we got there we realized it wasn't a big deal. In juneau, the ship did not leave until 11pm, but we got back on before dinner and stayed there. You will have a great time, so don't worry!:)

I'm going to differ with the last post. Celebrity's changing port times is not okay. Maybe fine for that poster if just hanging out in Skagway, but if you are renting a car to drive & see Emerald Lake it is a serious constraint on your time. We are driving. There was another post regarding exactly that.

I have and they aren't.

looking at the weather in Juneau we will feel at home 61degrees and raining

Rod

We sailed to Alaska in mid July. I checked the weather prior to the trip. It showed that it would be rainy & mid 60's in each port. The reports were wrong. We had sunny and mid 70's each port. Make sure to pack for 70's weather also.

We sailed to Alaska in mid July. I checked the weather prior to the trip. It showed that it would be rainy & mid 60's in each port. The reports were wrong. We had sunny and mid 70's each port. Make sure to pack for 70's weather also.

Yippee Only 1 shirt, sweatshirt and pac -a - mac

Rod

Archived