Customer Service - have they seen a ship?

Cruise Junky

Saw this post on another cruising webite... Now they're telling people that balconies don't have furniture?? what's next!

"see one of the perks of Concierge is that the balconies have a table and chairs. Does this mean they don't on the other balconies? I thought they would all have had table and chairs. I asked this question of Celebrity here (England) and they confirmed they don't have furniture on the balconies except with Concierge. Can anyone confirm?"

No worries, the balconies do have furniture. And as to your first question, no they probably have no done a ship tour. One advantage of a CLIA certified agent is the ship inspections they get to arrange to do. They may not see all the cabins, but they get a good idea of the set up.

As many TA have posted to various cruising newsgroups is CSR of cruiselines have never sailed and are reading responses from a book that they are monitored to do correctly. So basically you are told to ask your TA the questions since they have been on the ship, seen the various staterooms (some even take photos), and can answer correctly.

As many TA have posted to various cruising newsgroups is CSR of cruiselines have never sailed and are reading responses from a book that they are monitored to do correctly. So basically you are told to ask your TA the questions since they have been on the ship, seen the various staterooms (some even take photos), and can answer correctly.

If the cruiselines can't answer a simple question like the one above, then they shouldn't be taking direct bookings, they should be sending everyone to a travel agent.

Just keep this in mind as you plan to book a cruise. Do I go diffect to Celebrity or use the internet ie Travelocity, or us a Travel Agent. A good travel agent should be able to answer all your questions.

I completely agree. I wasn't the one asking the question, I'm completely versed on what's on a ship and what isn't. I was simply pointing out how bad Customer Service is on RCI/Celebrity.

To be fair, it just is not possible for all front line agents to know everything callers must expect them to know. With 20+ ships in the combined fleet of RCCL & Celebrity, hundreds of itineraries, cabin categories, shore excursions, dining options, etc, there's just no way to see it first hand. It's not about the company not caring enough to provide that great customer service, it's just not a possibility. Financially the company can't provide that for the thousands of agents, and probably the agents themselves can't provide it for themselves. That's why TA's are so great, because they do get to cruise more, and can give you the first hand information. That's why they earn their commission.

Archived