adhesive bras?

A&S

I have to say, for anyone C and higher,those adhesives are completely useless. They don't support anything and you don't get any uplift. If your "girls" are perky and not soft, then they might be OK, but if you have any kind of bounce, adhesives don't work at all.

I am having the same problem A&S is. I have used the stick'em bras before too and they only made me look pointey (never a good thing)

Back to this duct tape buisness......it really works? I have been wondering but don't want to get back to the cabin later and be in pain all night tring to take it off.....you just put the duct right on you skin? you don't have to prep with anything?

As the above posts have mentioned I never had an luck with them when I was younger and smaller. I doubt they have changed enough over the years to give it another try.

You may want to try surgical tape too. When I had breast reduction surgery they made me a bra out of it that I had to wear. It is like a sticky ace bandage and I have seen it in the first aid section at drug stores. It is also flesh colored so it shouldn't be too noticable if you dress slipped a little.

Being an "E-F" cup (not as huge as it sounds...I'm a 34 band)...how exactly do you use the duct tape? I just can't picture what to do with it! I've used the plastic straps on a plunging bra before, but they do show if you look close enough. I need to know exactly how to tape up!

After breastfeeding 2 children, and gaining/loosing weight, I've developed a sag. I got some wonderful bras from Intimacies (in Chicago...it's Oprah's recommended place). I was wearing a DD cup, and they fit me in the E and F cups, in a bra that makes me look "normal". It is amazing how much better my clingy clothes look. It was a bit pricey, but well worth it to me. I need to buy more. However, I don't know if I want to invest a huge amount of money in a bra to wear only under one dress. I'm willing to try the tape thing.

.how exactly do you use the duct tape? I just can't picture what to do with it! I've used the plastic straps on a plunging bra before, but they do show if you look close enough. I need to know exactly how to tape up!

I am at work so I'll give a partial answer

Do a image search on Google with the terms "duct tape bra" (no quotes)

First, you must tear off a section of tape about three inches long.

from

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=963322

Is it possible to construct an inexpensive adhesive bra from duct tape?

from

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf49060198.tip.html

Here's the way I have done a duct tape "bra" successfully many times and I am a 38D: Cut a piece of tape long enough to reach from your left side to your right side. Lean over so your "girls" are hanging down and start applying the tape slightly beyond the breasts and in line with your underarm area. Wrap the tape under the breasts, ending at the other side. Stand up and "voila" you will have constructed a bra which will hold everything up. Have also placed duct tape at the top edge of a strapless bra to help hold it up, but it all depends on the neckline of the dress and whether or not it will show.

Duct tape is now available in clear and I prefer that to the silver color. Some women have very sensitive skin and might not get along too well with the duct tape. For those people, there is surgical tape and tapes which can be purchased at costume outlets. Personally, I haven't had a problem using it on my skin. Think I read somewhere that the tape can be applied to a towel first before placing it on your skin...this calms down the adhesive to a point. In any case, you should experiment with this before trying to do it for a special evening.

Here's the way I have done a duct tape "bra" successfully many times and I am a 38D: Cut a piece of tape long enough to reach from your left side to your right side. Lean over so your "girls" are hanging down and start applying the tape slightly beyond the breasts and in line with your underarm area. Wrap the tape under the breasts, ending at the other side. Stand up and "voila" you will have constructed a bra which will hold everything up. Have also placed duct tape at the top edge of a strapless bra to help hold it up, but it all depends on the neckline of the dress and whether or not it will show.

Duct tape is now available in clear and I prefer that to the silver color. Some women have very sensitive skin and might not get along too well with the duct tape. For those people, there is surgical tape and tapes which can be purchased at costume outlets. Personally, I haven't had a problem using it on my skin. Think I read somewhere that the tape can be applied to a towel first before placing it on your skin...this calms down the adhesive to a point. In any case, you should experiment with this before trying to do it for a special evening.

It only takes one piece of tape??? I have to try this!!

Archived