Tendering in Grand Cayman

TracersQQ

I am getting ready to reserve a non Carnival excursion for my up coming cruise. The meet time is 10 am and according to our itinerary, we dock at 7:30am - will we be able to meet, the excursion, by 10:00? I know Plat. members and Carnival excursions get off the ship first, so how long will all of this take? I tried to do a search, for this topic, but I couldn't get the search feature to work, tonight.

Thanks for posting this question. I too am unclear how tendering works. :confused: We did not tender at any ports last cruise. If someone could explain the best method of getting off the ship I would be greatful. I booked an excursion today in Grand Cay. and they have said to meet them at 1015 the ship is in port at 0900.

well in all of my cruises we have yet not to get off the ship when we wanted. we just go get in line, there prob not going to stop you, tell them you have an excursion, Just remember your not on the same time, your one hour ahead,(ship time is ahead). we sat in Grand cayman for 2 hours waiting on everything to open. take your time. sleep in an extra hour.Enjoy your cruise

Thanks for posting this question. I too am unclear how tendering works. :confused: We did not tender at any ports last cruise. If someone could explain the best method of getting off the ship I would be greatful. I booked an excursion today in Grand Cay. and they have said to meet them at 1015 the ship is in port at 0900.

Did you book a stingray tour? If so, which one? The kids and I are travelling on this ship from Canada as well. Thanks

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but we were not able to tender in Grand Cayman on Wednesday, December 27th due to rough seas. Grand Cayman will not bring their tender boats to the ship if the seas are swelling. Our captain did not even stop and kept going after radioing another ship who tried to use their own boats to no avail.

We were very disapointed because we wanted to see Grand Cayman. One of the reasons we booked the cruise.

Andrea

I am getting ready to reserve a non Carnival excursion for my up coming cruise. The meet time is 10 am and according to our itinerary, we dock at 7:30am - will we be able to meet, the excursion, by 10:00? I know Plat. members and Carnival excursions get off the ship first, so how long will all of this take? I tried to do a search, for this topic, but I couldn't get the search feature to work, tonight.

At Grand Cayman, your will tender for sure......there are no docks. Depending on how many ships are in that day, if you are not on a ship tour, it may take awhile to get you ashore.

:)

We just came back from 2 back to back cruises on the Inspiration. We weren't able to be tendered in December 26 due to the rough seas, but made it in okay on December 20. We booked the Carnival Stingray tour and were first off the ship. If you are booking your own tour, try to get in line right away for an early tender ticket. Otherwise, you might find you have to wait quite a while to get ashore. We had this happen to us in Cozumel - we weren't quick enough getting a tender ticket and we didn't get ashore until nearly noon! You will love Stingray City. We had a fabulous time! Remember to take an underwater camera (or sometimes they have a photographer on the boat) - you will want to have photos!

Have a great cruise!! Remember that ship time is one hour ahead of Cayman.

rmpkingmom

Hey Me&thekids I noticed you are flying into Lauderdale on the 20th we are as well! We are flying out of Syracuse. Did you get a hotel yet? We booked a private excursion its called the 4X4 jeep excursion on Grand Cay. Can anyone tell me where and when you would pick up your tender tickets? :confused: Also, the meeting time for our excursion states 1015 local time - same as USA eastern time. I have forgotten from last year so the ship is one hour ahead of Eastern time?? So when they say the tour is 1030 until 3pm it will be 1130 until 4 pm on the ship? Thanks in advance just trying to get this straight in my head.

I thought the deal with the time zone change was that they tell everyone the night before to turn back / set foward their clocks so everything matches up. I was really hoping this wouldn't be an issue. I'm a math whiz but give me a time change problem and it takes me fifteen minutes to work it out!

That would be a HUGE dissapointment as that is THE reason we are going on this cruise. I want my kids to be able to experience the sting ray tour!

I'd atleast make it known that it's a possibility, so as to not catch everyone off guard. Expect the worse, hope for the best. ;)

Archived