Hotels convenient to Newark airport and Bayonne,NJ

Does anyone know of a really nice hotel close to Newark airport, yet with transportation in to NYC for a day or two preceding the June cruise?

So far, I've only found Newark airport hotels or a few on the Hudson that are "reasonably" priced for a family.

Any others?

Also, best transportation from Newark airport to the Bayonne dock?

Thanks in advance! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi Mindy!

My mother and I are sailing out of Bayonne on May 16 and we have reserved a room in the Ramada Inn that is directly across from the Newark airport. It was a very reasonable rate from expedia.com. Can't help you with transportation to the port-since we're driving up there, we're parking at the cruise terminal!

Best deal for Hotel, is the Crowne Plaza in Secaucus, NJ (they offer FREE parking for the entire cruise duration with a FREE shuttle to and from the Bayonne Pier)Call them directly for details. 201.348.6900 . Make sure you ask for Royal Caribbean package.

Email me Questions:

[email]jakeryan85@yahoo.com[/email]

cruisegeek2004- Have you actually stayed at the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands-Secaucus? We are booked there through Priceline ( $45 per night) and wondered about the hotel. I know it is only three miles from NYC and that there is bus service to the city right out front for $2.00. I wonder if I will be able to take advantage of the parking and shuttle while I am there for my cruise. Do you know how far it is from the Bayonne Port?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
'Til my next cruise

Yes, I have stayed there before ... Nice size rooms and very clean ... They have a very nice restuarant as well .. The hotel is about 15 miles from the Bayonne pier or like a 25 min ride .. I'm assuming that you not be allowed to take advantage of the FREE parking and shuttle since the priceline package is only for the room .. I spoke with a nice lady in the hotel sales department named Gloria, perhaps you can just pay the differecne to quaify for te Royal Caribbean package. Give her a call if you like ... Good Luck!

Email me Questions:

I also got the Crowne for 45.00 through priceline. Their parking package is not a deal if you're only cruising for 5 nights seeing as you can get the room on the internet for 89.00. I would think, though, for the 9 night cruise, it is a good deal.

Glad to hear the hotel is nice!

Pam

until Voyager
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Just a quick note to anybody who books the PriceLine rate and tries to get the "Royal Caribbean" package ..
The Hotel is certainly catching on to guests who try to "sneek on" the FREE shuttle to Bayonne or use their free parking. Last Sunday at least two familes were a bit emabarrased when they tried to get on the shuttle and not paid the $149 dollar RCL package. Do your self a favor and be honest!

Email me Questions:

Anyone who tries to sneak onto a shuttle that they haven't paid for is trying to steal.

I imagine there is a chance that if you booked through Priceline but would like to use their parking and shuttle service that you could pay a fee to do so for the convenience.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
'Til my next cruise

There is a Hampton Inn in the Meadowlands-Secaucas. Across the street is a bus stop for an express bus that goes directly into the Port Authority in NYC. The buses run quite frequently. The hotel rate includes breakfast in the morning. Since I grew-up in NJ, I am aware of the problems associated with getting into the city. This was an excellent way to get into NYC without a lot of hassel.

Having not sailed from NJ, I am unaware of the transportation to the port. You may have to call the hotel to ask.

Archived