panama canal on brilliance of the seas

To all, We did the ten night cruise in December - we were on the same trip as Key West Karen - we also had a fabulous time. Aruba was better than we had expected - we did a catamaran/snorkel trip - it was very worthwhile - snorkeled in two locations - saw the sunken ship - felt like you could touch it. Had an OK lunch with this trip also. We did the Pub Crawl, which was a blast - would highly recommend it. In Panama we took the Gatun Lake tour and also went through the locks - on land. Very historic. We then, on our own, took a cab into Colon - had a "tour guide" jump in outside of the pier area - we were suspicious but he - James Mason - was worth the small price - ten $ or so - he took us to a great (very inexpensive) department store and a grocery store - we like to do this to see the true culture. We had no problems with bugs at any point on our trip. In Costa Rica we did the bus/train/boat tour - again very good. We stayed in Costa Rica for ten days several years ago and loved it - would recommend going to the Arenal Volcano. This side, the Carribean, was much different. The port city has nothing in it that you would be safe doing on your own - it's a pit of garbage - literally. There is a flea market at the pier that is just a block away - that's the only thing there. The weather in Grand Cayman was so-so - we've been there before - the turtle farm was a must in my book and seven mile beach is great - weather permitting. Enjoy!

Torontomale26,

The actual time zip-lining was about 1 1/2 hours, plus travel, plus time to put on and take off gear. We had a 7:30 am excursion time, and we were back at the ship in time for lunch.

There were 9 spans, but there was a lot of waiting on the platforms for each of our group (around 20), to go from one platform to the next.

Best tour was the zip line in Costa Rica. Ships excursion was sold out so we did the Jungle Breezes on our own. $40 per person plus $20 per person for transportation. Got to the location at about 9:15 -9:30 and were held up a bit by a large group of about 25 people in front of us (30 minutes). If we were to do it again we would try and get there a little earlier. It only took about 25 minutes to get from the ship to Jungle Breezes location.

Sande,

I was on the 11 nt Panama Canal cruise aboard the Brilliance last month. Here is the link for my copies of the cruise compasses and my pictures from the ports:

picasaweb.google.com/MickiDee41

Hey Micki,

Thanks so much for the links to the compasses as well as all your beautiful pictures. That really made my day!!!

Sue

:) WOW

Thanks for posting your beautiful pictures.

And the Compasses too!

That looks like you spent alot of time to scan and load them.

Anyways, thank you very much!

I will enjoy perusing them all.

I am on the 10 day Panama Brilliance in March. I am wondering if there is much of a difference...just minus Curacau.

Thanks again

Hello,

Thanks MikiDee, loved the pictures, have shared them with the other couple that is also going on the 2/12 sailing..

Does anyone have a copy of the Menu's.. Want to see which night would be best to go to the $$ restraunts.. thanks,,

also how was the temp. on the ship, like in the dinning room... one ship we were on was so cold everywhere... too cold.... thanks....

Archived