Unpurchased cruise photos?????

howsthis

I believe they are shredded. The margins the concessionaire earns on the photos means he still amkes money anyway.

When we went on Sky, our table partner just asked the photo shop to hold all his phtos until the end of the cruise. On the last day he went through the photos, picked about 10 and did a deal that meant he got each photo for about 1/2 of what the individual photo price was.:rolleyes:

Unused photos get shredded. The concessionaire earns a huge margin on the photos he selss so he makes money anyway.

When we went on Sky, our table partner asked the photoshop to hold his photos until the last day. On the last day he went to the shop picked about 10 and did a deal that meant he got the photos for about 1/2 their face value.

I had heard that one time they did make the photos available at half price at the end of the cruise as long as you bought the whole lot. That would be a good deal I reckon but they didn't offer that on our cruise. I only bought 3. It's way too expensive to buy the whole lot.

Our last cruise I believe they offered from day one that you could buy 5 and get the sixth free. Don't know if it only applied to the $25 formal photos or all.

They won't discount any more, believe me my hubby tried. Their response was it isn't fair to other passengers which have paid full price. I guess that is true.

Still think they are way overpriced but manage to come home with at least one each trip.

They all go in the incinerator but I know they keep the digital files for a few cruises...

What a terrible waste! I think they could say that if you buy all the photos as a package then you can get a good deal. That should make it 'fair' for everybody.

Archived