Prepaid cards for kids? HELP

Fam of 5

We're traveling with our three girls ages 14,13 & 9. I was thinking about getting them the prepaid Mastercard gift cards. Has anyone done this? I don't want to try to keep track of how much I have given each (to be fair). It sounds like it would work out better than cash or travelers checks, I can also punch a hole in these so they can wear it around their neck when we're on shore. Will identification be an issue? I've never bought or used these before.

Thanks

They will not be able to spend the gift card on the ship.

Are you asking if they can use that card for the ports?? Mostly small vendors dont allow credit cards unless its for huge purchases. THey mostly take smaller bills.

Their sign and sail card will be linked to the major credit card. Be careful because the kids can overspend and you will be told towards the end of the week. Keep an eye on spending. You will each have a folio number which is located on each card. Make sure your kids keep their own card. It may be easy for x to accidently pick up Ys cards. Not much for kids to buy on a cruise--those candy bars we get home for 65 cent will costs $$ on a cruise ship.

The cards would be used for shopping in Bermuda. I'm not too concerned with purchases on the shp as we have already gone over this with them. I wanted it more for t-shirts souviners etc. They seem to have an easier time spending money when it's coming out of our pockets as opposed to their own. Having it around their necks would be more under their shirts than just dangeling, this way if they walk away and leave their purses they have not lost all. Or if they don't feel like carrying their purse and they want their hands free this will give them choices. I know I'm obsessing, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a better way.

Thanks for all you thoughts

Archived