Liberty Opinions Please

Patgo28

This was our first Carnival cruise and we were so pleased!! Actually surprised as we heard a lot of negative things about Carnival. It was our best cruise to date. Loved the ship, our cabin was great, food was outstanding. We went last March and after that read reviews where the food wasn't so good, but everyone on our cruise commented on how good it was. Never felt crowded. Loved all the ports but Antigua. Loved Tortola!!! Give it a try, I think you will be very happy!!:D

This was our first Carnival cruise and we were so pleased!! Actually surprised as we heard a lot of negative things about Carnival. It was our best cruise to date. Loved the ship, our cabin was great, food was outstanding. We went last March and after that read reviews where the food wasn't so good, but everyone on our cruise commented on how good it was. Never felt crowded. Loved all the ports but Antigua. Loved Tortola!!! Give it a try, I think you will be very happy!!:D

I returned on the 31st after the 8-day to Costa Maya, Costa Rica and Panama. The last two ports left a lot to be desired, and I do not mean just a lack of tee shirt shops. Hondouras and Belize are poor (or even poorer) than Panama and CR, but offer a lot more in the way of wonderful excursions and beautiful beaches. Costa Maya was the best port by far on our itinerary, and I had expected otherwise.

The Liberty itself compared well to the Valor and Miracle. Maybe a bit less enthusiastic service, but otherwise about the same in the food and activities, etc. Very clean. Mostly very nice "classy" fellow passengers (except a couple of predictable chair hogs) no public drunkenness, fighting, or children running wild, no kids in the adult hot tubs, careful supervision of kids around the pools by security,etc.

I returned on the 31st after the 8-day to Costa Maya, Costa Rica and Panama. The last two ports left a lot to be desired, and I do not mean just a lack of tee shirt shops. Hondouras and Belize are poor (or even poorer) than Panama and CR, but offer a lot more in the way of wonderful excursions and beautiful beaches. Costa Maya was the best port by far on our itinerary, and I had expected otherwise. QUOTE]

I have booked this cruise for next August. I expected that Panama would be a waste of time but I thought that Costa Rica was supposed to be a nice place. I have been to Costa Maya and there was not much to do there two years ago. Not sure I can take 7 staight "fun days at sea"?

My husband and I have been on the Carnival Pride, Princess's Caribbean Princess and this past year RCI Jewel of the Sea. The Carnival Pride was the nicest one of them all hands down. I have read where Carnival is trying to revamp their image a bit and they have; especially with their latest ships.

We are booked to sail the Liberty June 9, 2007, on the same itinerary as Giogi-One. I, too, have my concerns about these ports only because we will have two graduates with us who are interested in doing beach excursions and those seem very limited. We just did the eastern Caribbean this past April and have done the regular western Carbbean twice. Therefore, my husband did not want to do any repeat ports this time and this seemed to be the best itinerary (being he will not fly to any ports). I have heard Costa Rica does have the best "zip line" excursion.

I have sailed CCl 5 times, twice on the Liberty. Guess that gives you some idea of what I think of the ship. Last year to Carib and previous year to Europe.

This is a beautiful ship, with all of the Marano Glass throughout the ship.

I would sail this ship again.

Archived