Question about Luggage in Seattle on R/T

Travel Lover

My husband said he was told or read that you can check your luggage in for the airlines when you return to the pier. Is this true? It seems like it would be to easy. I wonder b/c we have a later flight and have time to have lunch and shop some in downtown Seattle before going to the airport and would like to check our baggage in to the airport from the pier. Please let me know. If not is there lockers or something that are large enough to do this?

Thank you

Hi

When we cruised out of Seattle in 2003, we did a recce of the terminal during our pre cruise stay.

The Terminal has a concierge service where you can leave bags for $3 each bag. They will also arrange a car to take you to the airport. There are Taxis at the terminal too, and I would imagine there is a Grayline bus if that's what you prefer. I think the left luggage closes at 3.00pm , but that suited us fine as we had an early evening transatlantic flight.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/concierge.shtml

We disembarked, checked our luggage and walked into town. You are right opposite the Pike Place Market and next to the Seattle Aquarium, there is loads to see and do around there. You are not far from the Space Needle and the old Expo park. You would have time to do the Ducks Tour. We headed for Pioneer Square and did the Underground Tour, then head back to the Pier to pick up our stuff and head to the Airport.

I loved everything about Seattle and would sail from there in a jiffy.

Have Fun

do a search or ask about "easy fly"? i know there is a discussion about it somewhere, mostly out of hawaii. it's something about the fact that the airlines check your bags as you get off the cruise ship? they reappear when you pick them up at your home airport. there is a cost..

but the airlines that use it are limited.

Archived