Teens on Disney Cruises?

NURSE24001

Hi all you wonderful people,

I have done many Carnival cruises in the past as a divorced mom of two children. I have never been on the Disney line. I was wondering what kind of activities are available for teens on the Disney line? As an avid Carnival Cruiser, what could you tell me about the Disney line to make us make a change to them on our next vacation??? I thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi all you wonderful people,

I have done many Carnival cruises in the past as a divorced mom of two children. I have never been on the Disney line. I was wondering what kind of activities are available for teens on the Disney line? As an avid Carnival Cruiser, what could you tell me about the Disney line to make us make a change to them on our next vacation??? I thank you in advance for your advice.

The teens have their own programs that are centered around "The Stack" (may be called something else on the Wonder). My daughter loved it. I can't speak of the Carnival teen programming, as I haven't taken my kids on that line, but I've been on it. Carnival is great and it is a lot of fun. Disney is, too. The lines are VERY different. Disney is more elegant and more family oriented. I think that Disney may be better suited for 13-15 year olds than to older teens, though. My kids are in the younger range, but I do know that older teens love DCL, too. It isn't all Micky and Donald. Read some of the older posts, and you'll find lots of info re teen activities and life.

With older teens, if I were you, I'd look into RCI as another option.

Hi, we have only cruised DCL. So no comparrison, but I can tell you some about The Stack on the disney ships.

We have taken teen grand daughters twice.(at different times)

We only saw them at dinner.

Ok, first day is important to go because the counselors have ice breaker games to help the kids get aquainted. Also our teens went on line to cruise meet threads and posted for other teens on their cruise and then they got aquainted on line so by the time of the cruise they had friends waiting for them on board.

Ok, here are some of the events I know they had for teens.

Karoake

Pizza party

movies

video games

scavenger hunt

brains VS brawn game (takes them all over the ship in small groups)

ping pong tournaments

basketball tournaments

shuffleboard tournaments

Formal dance

regular dance

board games

smoothie party

Own beach on CC with volleyball and teatherball

Teen only excursion on CC (extra charge)

Party on secret deck on deck 7 during pirate party

Late night pool party

I know there was more, but teens seem to think your invading their space if you ask what they did?? Ha! Ha!

Both trips were a huge success for the teens. The teens just seem to naturally split into younger and older groups.

I do know the counselors make every effort to keep the teens activities from being childish. Teens think Disney and think it will be childish, it is NOT that way in the teen area.

Disney does NOT have the physical things such as rock climbing walls, mini golf, ice skating etc... If your teens are into that they need to check out RCCL.

mom x4,grandma x4

Our kids were 18, 18 and 13. They slept until 11:00 (unless we were in port) and got in at 3:30 a.m. They had an incredible time especially on CC. We saw them once then.

We had 2 rules between the 2 families. Be at dinner on time and be dressed appropriately. Well, they were and always beat the adults to dinner every night. Parents went to Palo one evening and the kids handled the dinning room very well without us. They really enjoyed trying all the wonderful choices. Even with other quicky food type choices, they really enjoyed the dinning rooms.

The guys, now at 19.5 would love to do another Disney cruise. I guess our screen name and our friends "disneyfanaticsrus" say it all. There's nothing like waiting for an elevator and having Goofy pop out. Smiles for everyone. It is a Magical experience.

My daughter was 14 when we went on the Wonder. We hardly ever saw her! She came to dinner only one night, the rest of the time she was in the teen club. She had a great time!! and I felt good knowing she wasn't going to be grumbling around about being BORED!!... LOL

My daughter was 14 when we went on the Wonder. We hardly ever saw her! She came to dinner only one night, the rest of the time she was in the teen club. She had a great time!! and I felt good knowing she wasn't going to be grumbling around about being BORED!!... LOL

Archived