Canadian Booking P&O Australia

Hi there, wow this is like finding a brand new cruise line. I'd heard of P&O Australia but never been on their website. There's some fabulous Itineraries. Can anyone tell me if there are any restrictions for Canadians booking on this line? I know Brits booking on Princess don't get similar deals and are subject to different cancellation policies. I've checked a lot of the On Line travel agencies and they don't seem to offer P & O.

I would think they are a bit more laid back than Princess?

Hi there, wow this is like finding a brand new cruise line. I'd heard of P&O Australia but never been on their website. There's some fabulous Itineraries. Can anyone tell me if there are any restrictions for Canadians booking on this line? I know Brits booking on Princess don't get similar deals and are subject to different cancellation policies. I've checked a lot of the On Line travel agencies and they don't seem to offer P & O.

There wouldn't be any restrictions, other than you might need to orgainse your own visa's for the country's of the Ports of Call (Vanuatu, New Calendonia, Fiji, New Zealand) because I've been told the blanket P&O Australia organise organise are generally only for Australian and New Zealand passport holders.

It is a bit more laid back than Princess. More of a funship concept like Carnival.

Compared with the ships in the US, you will probably find the ships themselves quite small and old. Sun and Star only have 8 balconies and then only in the suites. Pacific Dawn a bit better but still old compared with US fleet.

The closest to US standards would be if you booked on Sun Princess during next year's southern summer. Whilst still a Princess vessel it is operated by P&O Australia during this time and has Australian cruise staff. The 28 day around Australia cruise look great. You could also go on Sapphire Princess which is operated as a normal Princess cruise.

Don't know if you can book on the Australian website. I know at one stage Princess were going to advertise some of the P&O Australia Asian cruises on their website though don't know if it ever happened.

Thanks for the info guys. Princess has two cruises operated by P&O Australia in their Australian, South Pacific Brochure. It was the 28 day around Australia that caught our eye! I think both of the ones they had advertised are on the Sun Princess.

Thanks again.

The 28 day around Australia cruise look great.

I wanted to book on that, but i also wanted to do the new zealand circumnavigation cruise straight after it as well. Too bad i dont have the money for it, that and none of my friends would have that kind of money either :(

Looking at your previous cruises I think you might be a tad disappointed. We previously took 3 P & O Australia cruises and then we sailed HAL, sadly there is no going back now for us.

Why don't you look at one of the 14 day Statendam cruise, Auckland to Sydney or reverse. Or perhaps you just want to sail to the tropical islands to north of us. Then you are stuck with P & O. Why don't you contact the Sydney office of P & O I am sure they will be very helpful. IN the previous sailings that we did there were other nationalities on board. Another option have you considered looking at the Blue Lagoon cruises out of Latouka, Fiji, that would be really great fun but on a much smaller scale.

By the way Canadians are really nice people to cruise with :)

By the way Canadians are really nice people to cruise with :)

Well thank you!! I work for an Australian Company and they are great fun!! I'm not into some of the stuffyness of some of the cruise lines. Princess is offering a great cruise that I would jump on in a heart beat if were a year later...we'd love to do the Pacific Princess Sydney to Papeete, but we'll have to see what they offer in 08. Maybe we won't cruise at all and just do a land trip to the great country of Oz.

Archived