Alaska Advance Purchase

My wife and I are looking at Alaska cruises to get an idea of what we will want to do when RCI releases the 2008 Alaska schedules. For this summer, I am noticing prices for a Balcony stateroom on a 10/11 Night Cruisetour between $2700 and $3500 depending on the sail date. What should we expect to save if we book as soon as the '08 dates are released? Just trying to get an idea on how beneficial it will be to be prepared to book as soon as the schedules come out! Thanks!

I can't tell you exactly what to expect in terms of what original pricing will be... I can tell you that we booked the Alaska cruise we went on this past summer about a year before we went, the price went up not too long after that and continued to go up...

I would definitely book as early as possible.

Keep in mind that prices always go up from year to year but, we booked our Cat. JS cabin on opening day for $1,299 per person and had our choice of cabins on Vision of the Sea's. They were a little higher as I recall if booking in May '06 of 2007. You could look at pricing for Vision's 2007 sailings for early Sept. to get an idea of the price differences.

Our sailing was for the first week of Sept. or the end of season. As is was, we experienced no worse weather than we had on our two July sailings prior to this last one. I'd go in May or Sept. again in a heart beat.

while on Jewel May 2006 when the Member Cruises for 2007 we announced. All AFT D1's for 9/14/07 2 week Alaska/NW Pacific sold out in under an hour. Then we got $250 off plus our $300 diamond balcony credit, and watched the price rise every month.

Archived