Connecting cabins?

cruiseluv

The arrows do mean interconnected cabin. If this is what you want it is a handy arraingment. However as non smokers, quiet loving travellers we always avoid these - smoke does filter through the door and there is always more sound as well.

David.

Yojimbo,

Thanks for anticipating my next question. I just read another thread where somebody makes reference to the connecting balconies. For my purpose, that has limited use so it is good to know so I don't make the wrong decision when booking.

We book connecting cabins and that connecting door works VERY well. I HAVE heard the same thing about more noise. I presume it is not only the door... Perhaps the walls are actually shared, which I do not think is the case with the other cabins.

On the trip we left yesterday (-sigh-), we also had another cabin next to our two which my in-laws were in. We opened the balcony doors for all three. It was nice to be able to use them for travel back and forth and for having everyone out at the same time. The only drawback is that the glass balconies are a little bit smaller than the in-hull balconies and in both cases the furniture makes a bit of a maze. However, you figure out how to negotiate the space.

Yes, the purser does have to open the doors. That takes all of about ten minutes to ask the steward, for him to call the purser and for the purser to show up with the key.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived