Premier Cruises

I recognize them all. But alas cannot recall the names. The pirate was fairly new onboard and was indeed a Spashdown diver.

I am boarding Zuiderdam for a few weeks holiday and will check in when I get back. I may have some pictures from Majestic, Oceanic, Atlantic and Royale I can share.

Have a wonderful vacation! I just love HAL's ships! I haven't been through the Panama Canal yet, which I assume is where the Zuiderdam is headed. My parents did the Panama Canal twice, and are planning on going back again, once the new canal is in place. They're building a new one next to the original one, to make room for the newer ships, that are not Panama Canal size regulated.

Just did a search of Majesic/Flamenco on Wikipedia this evening. How sad. The Majestic has been scrapped in India this last year:

In 1974, P&O bought Princess Cruises and transferred the Spirit of London to their fleet, with Princess operating her as Sun Princess, alongside the Island Princess and Pacific Princess.

"1988 saw the sale of the Sun Princess by P&O to Premier Cruises, where it was initially named Majestic, becoming the Starship Majestic in 1989. In 1994, she was purchased by CTC and was renamed the Southern Cross. She was renamed again in 1998 when Festival Cruises began operating her as the Flamenco. When Festival Cruises collapsed in 2004, she was sold for $12.25 million at a bankruptcy auction to Cruise Elysia, who renamed her New Flamenco. In 2007 Club Cruise acquired New Flamenco.[3]

End of service: Club Cruise had New Flamenco serve as a hotel ship in New Caledonia until they failed in late 2008. The vessel was sold for scrap after over a year of lay up off Singapore, and is arriving at Alang, India. [4]"

Good-bye to a Great Ship!

Hold the phones, the old gal lives: http://maritimematters.com/2012/01/ocean-dream-spirited-to-haikou-2/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Our first cruise was on the Oceanic and I was blown away by the outstanding service and top quality dining options. First cruises when they were still affiliated with Disney still are my all time favorites. Decline in standards was quite evident on third trip in 1992. Nothing can top laying about on a hammock in Salt Cay overlooking the Lagoon. It was truly paradise. Then thier was the cruise to the Abacos Island's. Wish their were still ships that called on the Abacos. Totally relaxing way of life on those islands without all the touristy traps seen today.

• 1 month later...

I did as a kid probably 7 years old my first cruise on premier with the disney vacation with it. I think it was 1985 which would have been the royale ship? I remember they had shark fishing off the back of the boat one night and a break dancing contest lol. I also cut my head talking to my parents while walking backwards only to turn around and run smack in a ash tray on one of the halls. I think that was day 1 lol.

• 10 months later...
I did as a kid probably 7 years old my first cruise on premier with the disney vacation with it. I think it was 1985 which would have been the royale ship? I remember they had shark fishing off the back of the boat one night and a break dancing contest lol. I also cut my head talking to my parents while walking backwards only to turn around and run smack in a ash tray on one of the halls. I think that was day 1 lol.

That sounds like something I would have done...It's always those fond memories of traveling with family and the stories that keep being told over and over again that make cruising worth while.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived