Questions about Dave & Ivan Tour

JVanDermark

Hi I was wondering if some of you could answer a few questions for me about Dave & Ivan's Tour. We have an older person who is thinking about going but he can not walk for long periods of time. My question is: is there places to sit by the ruins? Also can he go at his own pace or does he have to stay with the group?

Thanks

Jason

Hi I was wondering if some of you could answer a few questions for me about Dave & Ivan's Tour. We have an older person who is thinking about going but he can not walk for long periods of time. My question is: is there places to sit by the ruins? Also can he go at his own pace or does he have to stay with the group?

I am not a fast walker, and I did fine with David's tour. David and especially Carolina kept an eye on me and made sure I was with them. From the parking lot it is an easy walk to the first pyramid, which is pretty spectacular. Most people should be able to go at least that far. Then you go into the plaza and stop a while while they explain things. Then you walk around the bend to the BIG steps, but you don't have to go up them. I sat on a nice bench and waited while Carolina took my DW up the "easy way." Then it is a short walk back to the parking lot and they stayed with us and we took our time.

Of course, every person is different. It is definitely a bit of a walk around the whole loop. But I think most seniors will do fine. The guides are very considerate. You will be much better off with David and Ivan than with the ship's huge groups.

Check our pics at

The Halls Western Caribbean

for a good idea of the terrain.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Jason - We took this tour with Ivan in December. My mother and mother in law both have had hip replacements. It is more difficult for them to stand than to actually walk. We just took our time, no one seemed to be rushing you. There were benches near the ruins that they could sit on. We even got them to climb a few steps for a picture. We brought a cane with a fold down seat that we used when they were listening to the history of the ruins at the beginning of the tour - there were no benches, some people sat on the grass.

Mike & Renee - we were on RCI but went to the same ports as you did -Roatan, Costa Maya, Cosumel. I love your pictures and review - beautiful. Next time we will have to try the Wellness Center.

Judi

Archived