Discount if you rebook while on cruise?

Travel Lover

Does NCL give you an extra discount if you book another cruise while you are on the ship? If so do they give you that discount as well as a longitude members discount or just one of the discounts? I just wondered b/c I know other lines do that and there is another NCL cruise we are interested in next year and just wondered.

You may find some good deals, but do your homework BEFORE you go. Get some quotes, shop around. Take those numbers with you when you meet with the consultant. I did that and when I met witht the cruise consultant, they quote a higher rate than what I had, so I said, 'Hey... I have this quote..." The consultant said, "Wait while I check one thing." Wouldn't you know... he came up with a lower fare! I booked it. It was the 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Jewel that we just did. Great cruise.

I try to always book a cruise while on a cruise.

It seems to me that if it is that close in price a person would be better off waiting and doing their planning and homework. I guess this would also depend on whether or not you had narrowed your choices down and are ready to book. We used a TA on our first NCL and booked direct with NCL for this one. My only regret, so far, is that I didn't do my homework on cruise insurance. I just purchased it from NCL. I am learning that purchasing it elsewhere is a better deal with better coverage. Bottom line we leave in less than 6 days from leaving on the NCL Dream out of Houston and we are planning on the time of our lives.

Rick

My last onship booking was 100 deposit per person, 3 cat upgrade, 100 onboard creidt and open booking. I was also free to have any other agent I wanted take it over and give me any discounts they had to offer.

I always book onboard when possible then switch to my favorite online agency.

That is one thing that I have noticed about NCL, and I will have to say it kind of agravates me, since I have booked our cruise to the Mexican Riveria, I have found it cheaper 2 different times, and now, from Latitudes, they offer On Board Credits for any cruise "taken" in 2007 and I can't have the OBC's!:mad: The little short bald headed guy, on the last STAR cruise, he was constantly bombarding us with his "deals", it's not right when you have to show him a lower fare you found, just to get him to find you a good deal!

I have cruised with NCL a lot, but that's not the right way to treat customers espiecially return customers. We will sail to Hawaii soon, and I doubt it will be on NCL.

I have had a similar experience as Groovers! I was so excited to find my cruise sailing out of NYC that I booked it, with an online TA, without looking around first. Now there are ALL kinds of booking incentives and if I had waited, I could have gotten a much better deal!

I've contacted my online TA twice to try and get an OBC or other incentive to no avail - even when they 1.) charged me a booking fee which was never disclosed to me and 2.) charged me the entire fare - not a $250pp deposit like I requested and like the agent stated, but the entire fare!

Yeah, yeah, I called them on both, but to be honest, I just didn't feel like dealing with them anymore and since for some reason, I couldn't get the confirmation via email and other minor issues, I wanted to just have it all done with.

On a positive note, I am paid for my cruise (cc is just about done) so I can relax and think about some treats to purchase for my DH and boys.

From what I've read on these boards, I'm thinking we are really going to like sailing out of NY and sailing on NLC that we may want to take advantage of any ship-board bookings. I'm going to do my research on 2008 sailings and be prepared!

Lisa.

Discjoker: I always say if you can't be nice to someone don't be rude.

See Community Guidlines CC. Spelling and Grammer. For a old Hippo like myself it's water off a ducks back, but it can be very offensive.

Not sure what you are talking about. The OP took it in the way it was intended. Sheesh, some people like to make something out of nothing. :rolleyes:

Archived