Carnival Valor was great

lovecruising2006

Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a fantastic time Dec 2006 on Carnival Valor. There were 20 of us, and I booked all of us in balconies. We were upgraded to the Lido deck, it was easy to get around from that deck.

I do wish they had more Las Vegas style shows, only had two on the 8 days. In Grand Cayman there were three out of the group that went scuba diving arranged by Carnival, some of the others went snorkeling.:)

Roatan, we had a blast, went zip lining(canopy tour), everyones got to try this...:D

In Belize, some of our group did the wine tasting and canoeing, they had OK time, but 2 ladies in front of our people tipped their canoe over, and it was right in the way of everyone else. Two of our group ran into the empty canoe which was left half sunk, and our guys went under water, the canoe also sunk, they were OK but there are live crocodiles in those waters...:eek:

Several of us were supposed to go on another canopy tour, but got rained out.:(

Costa Maya several of us took the longer mayan ruin tour, well worth the extra time, Kohunlich, was very interesting. Had a flat tire on the way back, but so did 2 other buses. And others in our group did another scuba dive indepently, they said it was good, but not as clear as Grand Cayman.:p Hope this helps others that are planning on going on the western Caribbean on the Valor.

We have a group of 8 doing this cruise in May.

Can you tell me if any of the ports were tender service instead of the ship being docked?

When I went in Sept we tendered in Grand Cayman and Belize. I think that in Roatan only one ship can dock so if you're there on a day where another ship is there, you may be tendered. I'm not sure though.

Archived