Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot ladies - I have spent the past MANY weeks getting ready to go back to school, and now I am almost done with my first week of classes! I am surrounded by people who graduated high school 10 years after me, but I am trying to make the best of it and I'm having a good time so far.

I found out that the spring break was not when I thought it was. I had the dates right, but the month wrong! So the "perfect" cruise that I had lined up - right by our 10th anniversary, on our preferred line, with a large gay group, during my spring break...suddenly wasn't so perfect anymore! But I am just going to deal with it and miss a week of school, and then during the ACTUAL spring break a month later I will pick up extra hours at work. You all know how it is - you can't cancel those cruise dates!

Etoile,

Good for you for sticking with your plans. You'll be able to run circles around those that are 10 years your junior, so a week off won't hurt at all!

IndigoFairy,

I know what you mean about dressing up, but you could choose to look at it as stepping into another world. Just because we're Dykes doesn't mean we can adopt a child-like attitude and play "dress-up" however that looks for you. I think the Tux idea is grand. Does your partner have any male role models she identifies with? She could pretend to be accepting an Oscar for her performance!

If you two dance at all, that could really be fun for you too.

My partner wears a long dress on occassion, but mostly black pants with a dressy top. I prefer black pants and a formal looking jacket (similar to a tux). I've owned a tux before (but out grew it long ago in size) and I loved how I looked in it. It was complete with bow tie and comberbun, stripes down the side and black pantent leather shoes (not heels).

All actors and actresses are acustom to "putting on the ritz"...it can really be fun if you let it. Sometimes I think we get way too serious about our identity and individualism. Turn some heads and have some fun...why waste the night in your room with limited room service or in the buffet? It's all a game...play to win!

Hi All

I agree with the others who advocated dressing up dyke style if you're uncomfortable in girlie clothes (as I am). Linda says she isn't a complete fan of dressing up but says she doesn't mind as long as she's comfortable in her clothes. (She looks gorgeous in long gowns.)

For our wedding, I ordered a tux from a tailor in Bangkok (RavisTailors) along with three custom silk shirts with french cuffs to show off nice cufflinks. I, too, love the way I look in that tux. It fits perfectly, it's perfectly tailored, and it makes me look younger, slimmer and taller. :D Instead of a tie and cummerbund, though, I plan to wear it on my wedding day with an ivory silk shirt (to match Linda's dress), onyx and gold earrings, black and gold cameo at the throat, and gold and black crystal cufflinks. Add a pair of black patent shoes (loafer style) and the whole outfit looks really cool. Linda is wearing an ivory floor-length gown with onyx and pearl jewelry. She looks stunning. We plan to wear our finery on the ship, too, for formal night. :D

We are doing an Olivia cruise in January and the tux will come along, this time paired with traditional tie and cummerbund. Wearing that tux makes me look forward to formal nights. It's really, really cool.

I think if you just strut your stuff with confidence I bet you'll have a great time, make any number of new friends, and maybe even enjoy dressing up :eek: .

Mithryl - We're looking forward to meeting you guys aboard the Mercury. Too bad you outgrew your tux, lol.

Carol and Linda.

Hello all - My wife does not do dresses either, although I love all my girlie girl clothes :D On Olivia crises she wears a tux and on other cruises she wears black pants and a nice blouse with a short black jacket. This summer we cruised with our friends in the Baltics on HAL and all the guys, our 18 year old son included, rented tuxes. Well she decided to wear hers too and if anyone had a problem, they kept it to themself. Personally, I thought she looked cute.

Etolie - (I think I spelled that wrong). I'm 46 and I just graduated from Seminary with my Masters of Divinity, in school with many kids not much older than my son. You will do just great!! Its amazing how different school is when you have a few years of "real life" under your belt (although I have quite a few more than you do). I think it was a richer experience because of it. Good Luck!!

Suzanne

Hi All

We are doing an Olivia cruise in January and the tux will come along, this time paired with traditional tie and cummerbund. Wearing that tux makes me look forward to formal nights. It's really, really cool.

I think if you just strut your stuff with confidence I bet you'll have a great time, make any number of new friends, and maybe even enjoy dressing up :eek: .

Mithryl - We're looking forward to meeting you guys aboard the Mercury. Too bad you outgrew your tux, lol.

Carol and Linda.

Hi Carol and Linda,

Remember us? Toni and Gina from Seattle. We were once booked on the Synd to NZ cruise. We cancelled that cruise like you guys did and transfered our sailing to the Inifnity Inside Passage two weeks ago. Just got back last weekend and had a great time. Just checking in to find out how you two are.

Toni

Hi Indigo,

I am one of those people that think that people should go with what is requested of them when in the dining room on a cruise ship. I definitely do not think anyone should wear shorts in the evening and if jeans are not allowed I think they shouldn't be worn. It is sort of like going to a party at someone's house and deciding you will wear what ever you want no matter what the host/hostess is requesting. Dockers and polo shirts are fine for a non-formal night and something dressier (yes, a tux would be fine) is necessary for formal night if someone wants to eat in the dining room. Since there are other options to the dining room, people can use those.

What ever you choose, I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Hi, Everyone! I have had a great time reading all of the dining room attire talk. Several times I've playfully teased Kelly, "Another vote to get you in a tux..."

I agree about following the rules. That is why we will enjoy the buffet on formal night. On other nights, it's khakis and polos for Kelly (she just will not even think about the tux, believe me, I've tried) and capris and blouses for me. I'm just happy she agreed to khakis. I'd hate to miss the experience of the dining room on Carnival!

Hi Carol and Linda,

Remember us? Toni and Gina from Seattle. We were once booked on the Synd to NZ cruise. We cancelled that cruise like you guys did and transfered our sailing to the Inifnity Inside Passage two weeks ago. Just got back last weekend and had a great time. Just checking in to find out how you two are.

Toni

Well, Hello There Toni and Gina! Nice to hear from you. How come you cancelled your MANIACS cruise? We rebooked on Princess for April 2008 on the Sun Princess but they cancelled the cruise on us (the Sun is staying Down Under and not coming back to the States), so we are now booked on Dawn Princess April 18, 2009 Sydney to San Francisco.

Congrats on your Alaska cruise...that itinerary is possibly somewhere in the future for us. But in January we are sailing on the Zuiderdam on an Olivia charter to the Eastern Caribbean. Should be great fun. And we are sailing on October 15 on the Mercury, along with Mithryl from this board, on a little four night cruise that will be our honeymoon. We're getting married in Victoria, Canada on October 13. Family flying in from all over for the wedding, big to-do.

Hope all is well with you guys and you are enjoying your summer (such as it is). We have been having great fun with our new (to us) RV that we bought in January. We joined RVing Women and have been doing a once-a-month get-together with a great bunch of women RVers at various RV resorts/parks around the area. Our September gtg is in Leavenworth for the Autumn Leaf Festival.

------------------------------

Many Thanks for all the good wishes on our wedding from the very nice ladies on this thread. I will post a couple of pictures after the event for anyone interested.

Carol and Linda.

Just wanted to show you a few of the outfits we wore on our cruises. Sorry that the pictures have are heads cut off but my partner would not allow me to post our pictures on the internet. Hope they still help.

1st cruise we had two formal nights but we did one really dressy night since it was our 1st and the 2nd wasn't so dressy: 0406060181.jpg

:cool:

0403060152.jpg

Our second cruise was a short 3 night cruise so we only had 1 formal night

RoyalCaribbeanCruiseMajestyoftheSea.jpg

And our 3rd cruise this past May:

P51902893.jpg

P51702282.jpg

I will not be keeping these pics up here for long so please reply when you have seen them ~ Just wanted to give you a few ideas...

Take care.

LOVE the pics. We're doing Olivia to the Eastern Caribbean in January. Can't wait!! Snorkeling, sailing, exploring, taking pics, great entertainment, fun company, good food, dancing, drinks, snoozing on a deck chair, meeting new friends, smooching under the tropical stars, and being with like-minded women - wow, what more could you ask for. :D

Carol and Linda.

LOVE the pics. We're doing Olivia to the Eastern Caribbean in January. Can't wait!! Snorkeling, sailing, exploring, taking pics, great entertainment, fun company, good food, dancing, drinks, snoozing on a deck chair, meeting new friends, smooching under the tropical stars, and being with like-minded women - wow, what more could you ask for. :D

Carol and Linda.

Sounds like great fun waunabcruizin!

We are getting together on Tuesday with two of our male couple friends to talk about booking our cruise for next year :D

We are getting together on Tuesday with two of our male couple friends to talk about booking our cruise for next year :D

Jess,

Do you want to join us on 3/2/08 for a RT from LA to Hawaii on the Diamond Princess?;)

Hello Ladies,

It sounds like this thread has a great group of ladies. We are Toni and Gina (together for 16 years) from Seattle, WA and compared to so many on here we are have only been on 6 cruises with two more booked at this time. We have never done an Olivia cruise befoe but are considering it.

Carol and Linda,

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. We had a ceremony in Key West in 95' in one of the MCC Churches. (The date we consider our Anniversary) but have also had a civil union in Vermont several years ago. It's too bad we have to go to another country in order to gt married and too bad when we come home it won't be recognized. Glad for you two and the support you have from friends and family. Yes, Please send us pictures!

We cancelled out Maniacs cruise because we were able to talk my parents into a cruise to Alaska and decided to take advantqage of living so close by. We drove to Vancouver and boarded the Inifinity for an Inside passage cruise on August 19th.

I have attached a picture of us from one of our formal nights. As you can see we both dress in formals.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. (the southern in me).

Toni

358775862_ToniandGinaCruiseApril20040011.jpg.1bae2c9050f331236e59783b342cb5de.jpg

Toni and Gina - Mithryl (Vicki) has a great idea! (Way to go, Vicki!). You guys should call in sick for four days and come along on the Mercury. We have a great roll call going and it's going to be lots of fun. We're going to bring champagne to 'sailaway' to celebrate our wedding with everyone and the cc group sounds like its going to be a hoot. Come join us!

Carol and Linda.