Dolphin Swim in Nassau

zinman

Has anyone done the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau recently? We're supposed to be in port from 7-2, and I was wondering if there was enough time to do the Dolphin Encounter that leaves at 8:30 a.m. and is supposed to be about 3 hours. I would do it through RCCL, but it doesn't look like they offer the Dolphin Swim. If anyone's done this recently, do you have any advice?

We did the Dolphin Encounter in 2001. It was GREAT !!!

First you get a briefing on what to expect when you go in the pool. Then the group is divided into 2 and each group goes to a separate pool (around 30 people each). Everyone gets a chance to go in the pool (in groups) and hug, rub, and dance with the dolphin, etc. Everyone got their picture taken hugging the dolphin and a video is made of your encounter. The video and picture are, of course, available for purchase. (The video is not of the highest quality but is a nice keepsake.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. It turns out RC does not offer that excursion the day we'll be in Nassau because the time is too short (7-2). The Dolphin Encounter company said if we booked the 8:30 tour we would make it, but I figbure if the cruise line won't offer the excursion I'm not taking any chances of the ship sailing without us! It sounds like a great experience, and we'll try again the next time we're somewhere that offers dolphin encounters.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are going to be there such a short time I would suggest going thru the cruiseline for your excursion (something I do not always reccomend). If you are held up then they will hold the ship for you. If you book something on your own then the ship may leave if you are running late and you are stuck at your own expense.

Archived